thermal paste

sukhvir41
Go to solution Solved by M-ursu,

i am buying cooler master evo tx3 which comes with a thermal paste so should i go for it or buy a  new thermal paste

Use that it is good enough. :)

hey 

can anyone recommend bang for the buck thermal paste, as cheap as possible

Just go to your local pc store and ask what their cheapest thermal paste is.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Just go to your local pc store and ask what their cheapest thermal paste is.

He said bang for the buck, not the ultimately cheapest :P

Cheap= Bad temps and really not worth swapping over to

I have the cheapest thermal paste that was in the store and my CPU temperature never was higher than 31*C (87 *F) but i'm cooling that thing like crazy :P 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Yeah how many rads are you throwing at it to get 31c? unless thats your idle temps

It is just air cooled but i modified my case so from the top and the left side 120mm fans fit and they run at 1600 rmp ;P

I'm failing to believe that sorry, What cpu,cooler,clock speeds and voltages are you running?

i have the AMD FX-6300 i believe and the CPU cooler is an Be Quiet! i believe dark power sr2 or something and i don't know the clock speeds en voltages right now because i'm at dad's house and my PC is at my mom's. but i didn't overclock it or anything.

Mmmm I kinda really doubt that sorry

No problem, if you want i can send you some pictures later on in the day, (i'm going home today). 

If you want dude :) I'm not fussed either way

Haha ok, ;) but am i right that AMD CPU's don't get as hot as Intel CPU's

No, in general they throw out more heat. Particularly once you OC them. 

But the 4 and 6 core variants are pretty easy to manage heat wise, but they stick more around the 45-50 degree ballpark with a good cooler on them.

i have the 6 core but it never hit  45 - 50 degree. well not when i checked :P haha

Just use that which come with your cooler, it is best for buck. 

i am buying cooler master evo tx3 which comes with a thermal paste so should i go for it or buy a  new thermal paste

Use that it is good enough. :)

I would use the one included because the one included is decent enough to cool your cpu..

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer