Chromebook as Chromecast? (Question, not a guide)

Wasn't sure which category this fit under so it's in general.

My situation: have a Chromebook, loved that it did all my simple media and schoolwork easily and fairly easily. I dropped it one day and the half the screen is useless and the other half sucks too.

I have it plugged in to my TV downstairs since only the screen is broken and sometimes use it to watch YoutTube while I cook and/or eat. It's really annoying to have to walk up to it to adjust something (skip ad, click another video, etc)

I still want to make use of it so I was wondering if there was a way to make it act like a Chromecast. Control it from my phone or something.

eh, as far as iknow you can't  chrome remote desktop a chromebook from another pc sooo no.

You can use TeamViewer, that allows remote control. For things like youtube try youtube.com/tv

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

Youtube.com/tv It's only YouTube but I use it all the time.

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Technicolors said:

can't you just buy a chromecast? 

Yeah, but I don't use the TV that much, I still want to make some use of my chromebook, and I'm going to university soon so I'm moving out in a few months anyways (won't need it at school and nobody else in the family would use it)

never really wanted a Chromecast anyways but while I've got the Chromebook...

If the problem is simply that its tough to use, then you can just use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

1 minute ago, MrWazoo said:

If the problem is simply that its tough to use, then you can just use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

True but I don't have any on hand and a decent set would probably be more than the chromecast

Thanks though!

7 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Youtube.com/tv It's only YouTube but I use it all the time.

This looks promising!

Thanks man

Just now, ButthurtTumbleweed said:

This looks promising!

Thanks man

No problem :D

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

On 2/9/2016 at 5:14 PM, ChronicGenocide said:

You can use TeamViewer, that allows remote control. For things like youtube try youtube.com/tv

I'll be using youtube.com/tv 

Thanks!