Build Help Gaming/Video Editing

LaughyLuna

Hello, I'm building a new computer in about a month (so exciting!) and need help making sure I'm getting exactly what I want/need. This computer will, as the title has stated, be for gaming and video editing. I'm currently taking a Communication Arts major at my local college, before moving on to a larger university. I currently have 5 2tb HDDs and a 240 gb SSD as well as the case and fans I want. All that's left is, well, almost everything important. I know my HDDs aren't great, but at the time my budget was lower. I now have a much higher budget of about 1.5k USD which does not include the parts I already bought). 

This is is what I have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vgjYMp 

I'm using the one screen included, unless there's a better deal. 1080p, for sure. I will eventually be adding another Moniter, or a larger curved Moniter. I want to be able to do video editing, as well as record games with Fraps (mostly minecraft, terraria, World of Warcraft, and so on) and have the settings all the way up. I also want to play Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and CS:GO at highest settings if possibles it's 60 fps. I will also be streaming Minecraft on twitch a lot, as I am a dev of a modpack/server combo. I just bought a new keyboard, and have a spare for the old computer, but will need a cheap mouse, which I will buy separately. 

I am upgrading to a new computer because the current computer i have is an All-In-One HP PC that is 5 years old and really slow. Simple video rendering takes 24 or more hours, and running one instance of Minecraft with all the settings turned down gets 3-10 FPS. 

Thank ne you all very mich

~Jake Nihilius

Edited by JakeNihilius
CVahnged "go" to "gb"

you're going to need 1 more hdd bay

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

2 minutes ago, JakeNihilius said:

Hello, I'm building a new computer in about a month (so exciting!) and need help making sure I'm getting exactly what I want/need. This computer will, as the title has stated, be for gaming and video editing. I'm currently taking a Communication Arts major at my local college, before moving on to a larger university. I currently have 5 2tb HDDs and a 240 go SSD as well as the case and fans I want. All that's left is, well, almost everything important. I know my HDDs aren't great, but at the time my budget was lower. I now have a much higher budget of about 1.5k USD which does not include the parts I already bought). 

This is is what I have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vgjYMp 

I'm using the one screen included, unless there's a better deal. 1080p, for sure. I will eventually be adding another Moniter, or a larger curved Moniter. I want to be able to do video editing, as well as record games with Fraps (mostly minecraft, terraria, World of Warcraft, and so on) and have the settings all the way up. I also want to play Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and CS:GO at highest settings if possibles it's 60 fps. I will also be streaming Minecraft on twitch a lot, as I am a dev of a modpack/server combo. I just bought a new keyboard, and have a spare for the old computer, but will need a cheap mouse, which I will buy separately. 

I am upgrading to a new computer because the current computer i have is an All-In-One HP PC that is 5 years old and really slow. Simple video rendering takes 24 or more hours, and running one instance of Minecraft with all the settings turned down gets 3-10 FPS. 

Thank ne you all very mich

~Jake Nihilius

I would get a better case. It doesn't hold all your drives and is pretty barebones.

With your current build, don't even worry about Minecraft or CS:GO. I personally have an AMD FX-4350 + SC GTX 950 and I can record MC and CSGO with Fraps 60FPS+ with plenty of room. (I actually use VSync on MC, medium Optifine settings 512x utilities 128x blocks.) 

3 hours ago, Savir said:

I would get a better case. It doesn't hold all your drives and is pretty barebones.

I already have the case, but honestly if i can find a bit of room in the budget, didn't LMG cover a new spec case from Corsair? Or if not that, what would you suggest?

55 minutes ago, JakeNihilius said:

I already have the case, but honestly if i can find a bit of room in the budget, didn't LMG cover a new spec case from Corsair? Or if not that, what would you suggest?

Depends on your budget.

6 hours ago, JakeNihilius said:

I now have a much higher budget of about 1.5k USD which does not include the parts I already bought)

2 hours ago, Savir said:

Depends on your budget.

17 hours ago, Savir said:

Depends on your budget.

Okay, i'd like to spend no more than 200$ on the screen.

19 hours ago, Savir said:

Depends on your budget.

1 hour ago, JakeNihilius said:

Okay, i'd like to spend no more than 200$ on the screen.

I just realized you asked about a case. I don't mind spending about $150 USD on a case as long as it still looks good. It doesn't quite need a optical drive bay, thats fine.