Screw Around Server's

Hello I m MrKnight, Thought i would make a forum post and see what sorta replies i get, I recently was able to obtain several of Sunfire X2100 Mark 2's from my Highschool and looking for ideas on what to do with them Let your creativity go wild :)

Recycle them responsibly ;)

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

8 minutes ago, MrKnight said:

Hello I m MrKnight, Thought i would make a forum post and see what sorta replies i get, I recently was able to obtain several of Sunfire X2100 Mark 2's from my Highschool and looking for ideas on what to do with them Let your creativity go wild :)

• Set them up as a firewall/proxy for your network.
  • NAS
  • Web server
  • Print server
  • Mail server
  • Do full OS backups to it from all the computers on the network...so uh, basically NAS...
  • Stick a TV tuner card into it and make it the ultimate TV box
  • Anything else server

Almost as cool as my temps  

Just now, Benergy said:
  • Set them up as a firewall/proxy for your network.
  • NAS
  • Web server
  • Print server
  • Mail server
  • Do full OS backups to it from all the computers on the network...so uh, basically NAS...
  • Stick a TV tuner card into it and make it the ultimate TV box
  • Anything else server

WOW thanks for the Ideas, I did not know there was a such thing as a tv tuner card tho lol good to know eh

Just now, unidentical said:

Recycle them responsibly ;)

I am the recycling option, A tech teacher at my school who teaches Ace-it computer programming Offered me as many as i want cause they were salvaged from a company that was upgrading their own. I m just taking the Re-use approach