Will Ark: Survival Evolved play on my bothers PC?

Brennan Price

Ok, so here are my brothers specs and I have also searched up the minimum system requirements for the game (Ark: Survival Evolved).

Specs:

-Intel pentium G620 (Dual core @ 2.6GHz)

-6GB of RAM

-Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (768mb)

I fear that because the minimum requirement of VRAM is 1GB, he is going to get problems - Is this 'ok'?

Note: He has already bought the game so dont tell me to upgrade his PC to something like an i5 or something!)

Thanks, Brennan Price.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Uh ... you can turn the graphics on a very shitty level, but the game is still pre release and performance is a huge issue. Be able to play the game on medium settigns with 30+ fps is still a privilege. 

So I guess no, not at this state of the game.

You can see my laptop bellow, it run it at from 1-4 fps to 10 seconds per frame, pausing as slow. Takes hour and a half to load into the single player world. I win.

(lowest settings)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

I was getting 8-10FPS standing inside a large base with a lot of dinos, maybe single player if it loads at all for that system.

You should write your testing date, too and if you run Win10 (DirectX 12?) the performance improve from time to time

10 minutes ago, Narnash said:

You should write your testing date, too and if you run Win10 (DirectX 12?) the performance improve from time to time

What do you mean by testing date?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

21 minutes ago, phillychuck said:

I was getting 8-10FPS standing inside a large base with a lot of dinos, maybe single player if it loads at all for that system.

Were you using the PC that is in your signature?

My Rig:

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

What do you mean by testing date?

I mean mcraftax and phillychuck, both write their experience with ARK's 'performance' an their setup but both don't write when they tested the game last time. 

I wanted to push your mind to realize that the game is still in development and that it got 'performance updates' in the past. (maybe your brother will be able to play ARK in the future)

mcraftax

18 minutes ago, Narnash said:

I mean mcraftax and phillychuck, both write their experience with ARK's 'performance' an their setup but both don't write when they tested the game last time. 

I wanted to push your mind to realize that the game is still in development and that it got 'performance updates' in the past. (maybe your brother will be able to play ARK in the future)

mcraftax

Oh right, I get you now. :)

My Rig:

No, my rig can sometimes struggle.  It has already been mentioned that this is a pre-release game and it isn't very well optimised.  

I would recommend you get the game with specs like that.  You may as well just look at pictures of dinosaurs.

22 hours ago, Brennan_Price said:

Were you using the PC that is in your signature?

Yes, considering the game hasn't been out a year yet, it has improved a ton but my point was the bigger the base the harder it is on your system.  Out flying around I can be 60fps on High settings.  I've not played in 1-2 months so not sure of improvements, I know the DX12 stuff was coming eventually.

On 08/02/2016 at 6:22 PM, phillychuck said:

Yes, considering the game hasn't been out a year yet, it has improved a ton but my point was the bigger the base the harder it is on your system.  Out flying around I can be 60fps on High settings.  I've not played in 1-2 months so not sure of improvements, I know the DX12 stuff was coming eventually.

Well, my bro's tried it and it runs all right but definitely nowhere near the best. He has it on a mixture of low/medium settings and it runs anywhere from 25 to 50FPS. This also still at 720p so I suggested to him to wait a while until it actually plays all right. In the grand scheme of things though, it plays better than I thought it would do.

My Rig: