Game controller button mapping all messed up, please help!!

Hi,

I got a game controller last week, it's a Speedlink XEOX (supposed to look like Xbox I suppose).  When I tried to use it with CS:GO the button mapping was wrong.  The triggers are start and back, start and back are the thumbstick clicks.  The d-pad and abxy buttons work fine and the thumbsticks work in the menu but not in-game.  When I remap the controls in the settings everything works except the thumbsticks, which shoot or do nothing depending on direction.

When I tried the controller in The Witcher 2 and Metro: Last Light they didn't see it at all.  I've tested it in the control panel and it seems to be working as it should.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

1st. Try another program, see if the controller is actually working correctly. 

2nd. CS:GO with controller? SHUN THE DIFFERENT!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Hi,

I got a game controller last week, it's a Speedlink XEOX (supposed to look like Xbox I suppose).  When I tried to use it with CS:GO the button mapping was wrong.  The triggers are start and back, start and back are the thumbstick clicks.  The d-pad and abxy buttons work fine and the thumbsticks work in the menu but not in-game.  When I remap the controls in the settings everything works except the thumbsticks, which shoot or do nothing depending on direction.

When I tried the controller in The Witcher 2 and Metro: Last Light they didn't see it at all.  I've tested it in the control panel and it seems to be working as it should.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

I take that back, find a program that can map joysticks properly.  Or, don't play games that don't natively with controllers...

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Did you try to type in "exec controller.cfg" and "exec controller.360.cfg" in the console(have to enable it in settings) to see if it fixes it?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I take that back, find a program that can map joysticks properly.

I got a program (Xpadder) and it's working, but now when I press a button it does both the action from the controller button and from the keyboard key that the button is mapped to. For example moving a thumbstick will move my character now but it will also shoot as it was doing before. It does this even when controller input is disabled (which I find very odd). However it is working in the other games I mentioned, so thanks.

Did you try to type in "exec controller.cfg" and "exec controller.360.cfg" in the console(have to enable it in settings) to see if it fixes it?

Tried it, no change.

2nd. CS:GO with controller? SHUN THE DIFFERENT!

Haha, I don't actually play CS:GO with a controller. It was a birthday present and I'm just trying to get the damn thing working :D

I got a program (Xpadder) and it's working, but now when I press a button it does both the action from the controller button and from the keyboard key that the button is mapped to. For example moving a thumbstick will move my character now but it will also shoot as it was doing before. It does this even when controller input is disabled (which I find very odd). However it is working in the other games I mentioned, so thanks.

Tried it, no change.

Haha, I don't actually play CS:GO with a controller. It was a birthday present and I'm just trying to get the damn thing working :D

Just keep on trying different things, it will work eventually...

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.