RELIABLE Desktop midrange gaming/ everyday use

vi

My head is really spinning reading reviews of brands - it seems that responses are all over the place.
I  do need the option of tech backup so I would not build anything myself...
(even though after reading this forum that appears to be the preferred method)

What I need: midrange gaming - I don't need  to run things at highest settings - 
and everyday things like burning discs, streaming netflicks, visiting forums ; )  etc

- I'd like to stay under 1,000 (the lower the better)

1) Are there any reliable brands left (including tech support)?
> I often see Asus listed as a top brand with good customer service - but then reviews say the products are garbage and the customer service stinks - that they don't honor even their limited waranty - or make you pay all kinds of fees.
> Dell seems now to be a complete loser - I am actually now using a VERY old Dell Dimension 8200, which besides it's ridiculously expensive RAM is one of the most reliable PCs I have ever had. Yet reviews say that their products are NOT reliable anymore and that their customer service is the bottom of what appears to be a very smelly barrel

2) Are there any Particular products people here would recommend
(I realize even within a brand with low ratings there may be winners)

any help appreciated

Well its a mixture of products. For CPU's its basically AMD and Intel. GPU's are AMD and Invida with some companies making different product changes to GPU's such as extra cooling, higher clocks and memory stocks. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

@Ramamataz

are there any prebuilt desktops that you feel have good components and good customer service/ forums?

@exercutor5

thanks for the reply - but  looking for a desktop (tower)
any of the prebuilt models/ brands that are reliable and with good customer service

24 minutes ago, vi said:

@exercutor5

thanks for the reply - but  looking for a desktop (tower)
any of the prebuilt models/ brands that are reliable and with good customer service

Oh lel my bad I thought you were looking for a laptop, because most of the topics here in this subforum are on laptops lel.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap