Asus Maximus VI Hero - Self reboot before post

Rasmuff

I've had my computer for a while now (2 years) that I built and it's always had this weird little glitch on start-up. 

It goes something like this: 

Press Power Button > Computer whirs to life > Seems to be starting > ?Shuts itself off? > Starts back up on it's own > proceeds as normal to post > then proceeds as normal to windows.

The thing that confuses me is that random power down while in it's boot sequence.

The only thing that I can think that might be causing this would by my corsair H100i. Being that it has 2 fan, I never could really figure out what the truly best way to connect the fans to the system (either through the mobo or the it's own pump).

Other than that idea I don't know what might be causing it and even if it was that, some explanation would be helpful so I don't mess anything up.

So what do you think?

Thanks

Edit: The computer I am referring to, is the one that I have written out in my signature below :)

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

You could test it easy if your fans causing this wierd thing by simply unplug them on start up, on idle it won't harm your comonents if you run them without the fans (if you don't do it for hours). But I think it isn't likely that the fans cause this problem.

Any OC on your CPU, maybe it isn't stable on startup and run then the second start at stock settings.

happens to me as well, but i noticed it only happens when the psu gets unpluged.  if it stays connected with power, it doesn't happen.  i think its just a safety measure

50 minutes ago, Rasmuff said:

I've had my computer for a while now (2 years) that I built and it's always had this weird little glitch on start-up. 

It goes something like this: 

Press Power Button > Computer whirs to life > Seems to be starting > ?Shuts itself off? > Starts back up on it's own > proceeds as normal to post > then proceeds as normal to windows.

The thing that confuses me is that random power down while in it's boot sequence.

The only thing that I can think that might be causing this would by my corsair H100i. Being that it has 2 fan, I never could really figure out what the truly best way to connect the fans to the system (either through the mobo or the it's own pump).

Other than that idea I don't know what might be causing it and even if it was that, some explanation would be helpful so I don't mess anything up.

So what do you think?

Thanks

Edit: The computer I am referring to, is the one that I have written out in my signature below :)

This is a bios bug with a lot of asus motherboards. I own both a maximus IV gene and a VI Extreme and it happens on both, Supposedly a bios update fixes it but I have never gotten this supposed fix to work

On 2/5/2016 at 2:56 AM, MisterK said:

This is a bios bug with a lot of asus motherboards. I own both a maximus IV gene and a VI Extreme and it happens on both, Supposedly a bios update fixes it but I have never gotten this supposed fix to work

Okay, that would make sense. I've tried resetting my bios, updating it and messing around within the monitoring settings to see if it was something there but never really had any luck. 

So, does that mean that there are no work arounds?

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

Install the latest bios updates for your board, if that doesn't fix it then you will just have to bear with it. The double post, doesn't harm your computer in anyway but  aesthetics wise I can understand it can get annoying.

Just now, MisterK said:

Install the latest bios updates for your board, if that doesn't fix it then you will just have to bear with it. The double post, doesn't harm your computer in anyway but  aesthetics wise I can understand it can get annoying.

Just to be dumb for a second. Would I update it through the Asus Ez-Update thing, that is apart of the AI Suite? Or by flashing the bios?

But yeah aesthetically it just kind of bothers me so that why I would like to fix it.

Just now, Rasmuff said:

Just to be dumb for a second. Would I update it through the Asus Ez-Update thing, that is apart of the AI Suite? Or by flashing the bios?

But yeah aesthetically it just kind of bothers me so that why I would like to fix it.

You will need to flash the bios.

Just now, MisterK said:

You will need to flash the bios.

That's what I thought. Thanks