Join = step closer to future

So we've all seen one of those movies what are set somewhere in the future where people just slide a tab from their umm bigger screen table to a smaller pad like device. Thanks to Reddit i found something what goes in that direction, an app called Join by joao, main thing what sold me was i can send webpages/videos from phone>pc and vice versa, you can also send files, copy paste between them and some other things I really don't mind. Bad part is it's beta and costs like 5 euros for a lifetime unlock.combine this with pushbullet and you get almost a perfect app http://joaoapps.com/join/

Small edit, this is not made by me, just incase

Added a picture from chrome aswell

Screenshot_2016-02-04-07-54-39_1_1.jpg

The cool thing about movies like that is while at first glance it seems like tech nonsense, or total science fiction, it actually should be easily doable with today's technology.  We already have the ability for many devices to all share, for example, what tabs you have open in Chrome, and we have wireless communication like bluetooth.  All that would be needed is either cameras, or bluetooth signal strength detectors or something so that when you make a swipe motion from your screen to a nearby screen of another device, you device knows what you are swiping towards and send that device a message to receive and display (or continue displaying) the content.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The cool thing about movies like that is while at first glance it seems like tech nonsense, or total science fiction, it actually should be easily doable with today's technology.  We already have the ability for many devices to all share, for example, what tabs you have open in Chrome, and we have wireless communication like bluetooth.  All that would be needed is either cameras, or bluetooth signal strength detectors or something so that when you make a swipe motion from your screen to a nearby screen of another device, you device knows what you are swiping towards and send that device a message to receive and display (or continue displaying) the content.

I wonder how much work would go in to making it possible, I'm actually interested in somewhat making it possible to slide shit from pc to phone