Should I upgrade or replace?

Hulkbert
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
4 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

Right now I am using this NP470R5E-K01UB so should I add an SSD and cross my fingers or just replace it and get something new. I need a laptop to work with in school. My budget is $300 usd. 

If your using it to take notes and general work at school I don't see a problem with upgrading it with an SSD since for $300 you wouldn't get a really good replacement. 

Right now I am using this NP470R5E-K01UB so should I add an SSD and cross my fingers or just replace it and get something new. I need a laptop to work with in school. My budget is $300 usd. 

Just replace your HDD with an SSD. You can get a 1TB SSD for $300, you have a really good machine already for school no need to replace the entire thing. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

4 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

If your using it to take notes and general work at school I don't see a problem with upgrading it with an SSD since for $300 you wouldn't get a really good replacement. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

2 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

Just replace your HDD with an SSD. You can get a 1TB SSD for $300, you have a really good machine already for school no need to replace the entire thing. 

Thanks for the help.