Best 2560 x 1440p monitor out there atm.

danielhowk

whats the Best 2560 x 1440p monitor out there atm.

i heard asus pg279aq is the best at the moment?

I think the aq is 4k?

But pretty much the Asus PG279Q or the Acer Predator XB271HU if you're on Nvidia

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

10 hours ago, stealth80 said:

I think the aq is 4k?

But pretty much the Asus PG279Q or the Acer Predator XB271HU if you're on Nvidia

may i ask why people care so much about 165 refresh rate. and going to set it to 120hz refresh rate. due to testing and overall performance. might as well save some cash?

tft central reviewed pg279q is better set at 120hz. therefore why bother buying a 165 hz monitor lol

1 hour ago, danielhowk said:

may i ask why people care so much about 165 refresh rate. and going to set it to 120hz refresh rate. due to testing and overall performance. might as well save some cash?

tft central reviewed pg279q is better set at 120hz. therefore why bother buying a 165 hz monitor lol

I don't care for 165hz, I guess the hardcore cs:go players do. Those are rated the best overall G-sync monitors due to fact they are the evolution of the previous versions aka switched from tn to IPS

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Ultimately, it depends on what you're using your monitor for. For anything productivity related, I would recommend a Dell. For gaming… Well, the lines become blurred.

I like the ROG Swift. Great monitor. Colors are terrible though for the older model. It's kind of sad when all of your monitors are different colors too...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

On 2/4/2016 at 8:49 AM, stealth80 said:

I think the aq is 4k?

is that the best monitor u can get by far? is it worth buying 4k monitor? thats 32inch or something/

On 2/4/2016 at 2:10 PM, CalebTheEternal said:

I like the ROG Swift. Great monitor. Colors are terrible though for the older model. It's kind of sad when all of your monitors are different colors too...

If you have a PG278Q, you can improve the crappy colors a lot by turning the gamma all the way down on the windows color calibration and using the tftcentral color profile. Compared to my surface book, it is definitely a lot less unbearable after I made the changes. :P

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

4 hours ago, Anagram said:

If you have a PG278Q, you can improve the crappy colors a lot by turning the gamma all the way down on the windows color calibration and using the tftcentral color profile. Compared to my surface book, it is definitely a lot less unbearable after I made the changes. :P

I just put the colors to warm and to me it looks so much better. Thanks for the info though

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

On 2/4/2016 at 8:49 AM, stealth80 said:

I think the aq is 4k?

would you go with  XB271HU Acer vs PG279Q Asus ?

6 hours ago, danielhowk said:

would you go with  XB271HU Acer vs PG279Q Asus ?

I would go with the acer as i think it looks better and seems to have better qc atm.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

I went with the Dell S2716DG and I very much like it so far. altho I cant tell you how the asus or acer is since I havent seen one live but you can check youtube videos on that comparison.

40 minutes ago, GetYouBarbara said:

I went with the Dell S2716DG and I very much like it so far. altho I cant tell you how the asus or acer is since I havent seen one live but you can check youtube videos on that comparison.

Sadly dell went with a tn panel for that monitor and I can't go back to a tn panel after having ips panels.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

2 hours ago, roctrebira said:

Sadly dell went with a tn panel for that monitor and I can't go back to a tn panel after having ips panels.

I heard its a very good TN panel and aside from what Ive heard, I can tell you the color quality etc are close to IPS. also looking the screen from the sides I saw no difference from looking it from the front.(if that matters to anyone).

I've had the Acer XB271HU for just over a month now and love it!  I tried the asus PG278q but the TN panel was hard on my eyes and couldn't stand the color change.