First time build

HyperTsunaz

Hi everyone,

I've been wanting to build my own PC in a long time and i've finally saved enough to build one. So my budget is around $2000 SGD which is around $1400.80 USD right now. I'm buying all my parts from Newegg because i just feel its easier. This is my first time soo i'm really scared the parts i picked won't fit due too large dimensions or generally work together. The system will be used both for gaming and work, i video edit as a hobby and i'm also a studying to be a designer which is why i'm opting for an i7 processor. I currently only have one 1080p monitor. These are the parts i've been thinking of getting. Also i will need a wifi network card (does Newegg have them? I'm not sure) as my ethernet cable wouldn't be able to reach my pc and i'm not bothered about drilling through the walls. I do not plan on using crossfire or SLI in the future either. I plan on getting only 8GB of RAM as to me, its the easiest to upgrade and install in the future, same for the HDD. I do not plan on overclocking much.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 8M Skylake Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1151 65W BX80662I76700 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530

Motherboard: ASUS H170 PRO GAMING LGA 1151 Intel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

PSU: CORSAIR CX series CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC CP-9020060-NA Power Supply

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15S-8GVR

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E250B/AM

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X OC EDITION

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (CC-9011048-WW) Arctic White Steel ATX Mid Tower Cube Computer Case

So will this build work? Also wondering if anyone knows if the case is newbie friendly and can point me to a wifi network card, preferably on newegg. I'm also afraid the gpu might block stuff like a wifi card.

It will work.

I have no experience with that PSU, but I've seen a lot of people debating it's quality.

Yes, newegg has network cards. I recommend you get a PCIe wireless N or AC card.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

It will work.

I have no experience with that PSU, but I've seen a lot of people debating it's quality.

Whats wrong with the PSU? Also i have a few questions regarding PSUs. Why are modular PSUs 'better' and does Bronze, Silver, Gold really matter? Thanks for your input btw!

1 minute ago, HyperTsunaz said:

Whats wrong with the PSU? Also i have a few questions regarding PSUs. Why are modular PSUs 'better' and does Bronze, Silver, Gold really matter? Thanks for your input btw!

Modular means if the main power connections can be removed or not, so better cable management. And power efficiency doesn't matter as much but usually higher end PSU's have better power efficiency.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

I wouldn't say that modular PSU's are better quality in terms of the power delivered.  The thing is that modular PSU's are better for cable management and are geared toward the enthusiast.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, afyeung said:

Modular means if the main power connections can be removed or not, so better cable management. And power efficiency doesn't matter as much but usually higher end PSU's have better power efficiency.

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

I wouldn't say that modular PSU's are better quality in terms of the power delivered.  The thing is that modular PSU's are better for cable management and are geared toward the enthusiast.

I understand now, thank you. I guess bronze is fine if i don't care much about saving the planet haha.

4 minutes ago, HyperTsunaz said:

80 plus bronze, silver, gold, platinum is a standard of quality.  I'm not too keen on the specifics, but the PSU must meet a certain standard to be classified as 80plus ... so I would recommend getting a PSU that meets the 80plus standard.

10 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

80 plus bronze, silver, gold, platinum is a standard of quality.  I'm not too keen on the specifics, but the PSU must meet a certain standard to be classified as 80plus ... so I would recommend getting a PSU that meets the 80plus standard.

So i guess i'll go with that PSU. I've heard of times that the GPU blocked the space for PCIe network cards before, how do i know that wouldn't be a problem?

I found this card: http://www.newegg.com/global/sg/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA67038W1813&cm_re=wireless_network_card-_-9SIA67038W1813-_-Product

16 minutes ago, HyperTsunaz said:

That psu series isn´t meant for gaming machines. With your budget, you can do and get much better. I´d also get the Nano if it´s cheaper/same price where you are since it performs better unless you need cuda.

5 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

That psu series isn´t meant for gaming machines. With your budget, you can do and get much better. I´d also get the Nano if it´s cheaper/same price where you are since it performs better unless you need cuda.

The SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Nano 100400SR Video Card cost $2 more lol. I'll think about it, though i'll admit i slightly like Nvidia more. Does anyone know if Newegg has the Nvidia promotions for free game like Rise of The Tomb Raider right now? What should i be looking for in a PSU? I've just been looking at how many watts.

I was going to say for a wireless card you could get this, it's what I use in my PC, and it has super stable connection (even though my wifi is on the other side of a steel beam). But it's kinda pricey on newegg. Pretty sure I got mine for about $40? (Australian, which last time I looked (September) was equal to the Singapore dollar)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz | MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: G.Skill Trident 16GB DDR3-2400 | Graphics: EVGA GTX980 Superclocked

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Black 2TB / WD Green 4TB | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Just now, Migit said:

I was going to say for a wireless card you could get this, it's what I use in my PC, and it has super stable connection (even though my wifi is on the other side of a steel beam). But it's kinda pricey on newegg. Pretty sure I got mine for about $40? (Australian, which last time I looked (September) was equal to the Singapore dollar)

Thank you, but it sure is pretty pricey, $81 SGD. I might think about it, but its also out of stock right now.

8 minutes ago, HyperTsunaz said:

The SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Nano 100400SR Video Card cost $2 more lol. I'll think about it, though i'll admit i slightly like Nvidia more. Does anyone know if Newegg has the Nvidia promotions for free game like Rise of The Tomb Raider right now? What should i be looking for in a PSU? I've just been looking at how many watts.

Without going into a long technical discussion, you'll want a decent wattage for your system(performance) and an 80plus standard(quality).

I use EVGA G2 850w, in my opinion it's great quality and has never let me down. I'm almost positive they have a 600w-700w variant at a pretty decent price.

6 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Without going into a long technical discussion, you'll want a decent wattage for your system(performance) and an 80plus standard(quality).

I use EVGA G2 850w, in my opinion it's great quality and has never let me down. I'm almost positive they have a 600w-700w variant at a pretty decent price.

Just have him use this: 

3 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Just have him use this: 

More than likely good information, however I won't go as far as to recommend a product that I don't have personal experience with.

6 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

More than likely good information, however I won't go as far as to recommend a product that I don't have personal experience with.

Fair enough. Although, considering most people won´t probably have personal experience with more than 2-3 psus at best, online rankings from others can help alot.