Anybody used the Cougar 500m/300m?

rentaspoon

Hey peeps, 

I'm looking at upgrading my mouse and don't really have much in cash to spend as it's a late birthday pressie from my wife.

Currently the 300m and 500m both have good reviews, they are right handed which is good as other shaped usually end up being uncomfortable, I'm more of a palm than a claw grip user. 

Has anyone used them? Cougar are fairly new to me and I've seen mixed reviews about other products of theirs.

I'm not particularly looking for the best mouse in the world, as I'm not into the fast pace FPS.

You can try Steelseries Kinzu or Sensei, they are pretty got palm grip mouses and goes for around the same price as the 500m

I'd suggest the Steelseries Rival 100 or the Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime, both are solid gaming mice with good price point, and they're ambidextrous as well, unlike the ergonomic-intended Cougar. If you want an ergonomic one, then I'd say the Razer DeathAdder Chroma with a bit more premium price and fits well with most hands
I'm a bit scared that you probably have already looked up to all of those regconized brands first, and then went on to see those Cougar mice.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

You can try Steelseries Kinzu or Sensei, they are pretty got palm grip mouses and goes for around the same price as the 500m

39 minutes ago, NationsAnarchy said:

I'd suggest the Steelseries Rival 100 or the Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime, both are solid gaming mice with good price point, and they're ambidextrous as well, unlike the ergonomic-intended Cougar. If you want an ergonomic one, then I'd say the Razer DeathAdder Chroma with a bit more premium price and fits well with most hands
I'm a bit scared that you probably have already looked up to all of those regconized brands first, and then went on to see those Cougar mice.

Ambidextrous mice give causes aches and pains in my hand, literally just been through a bunch at work to find out that right handed mice actually solve the issues, unfortunately it's a cheap HP mouse.

The Rival I haven't gone for because of members that have had it have told me to avoid it and it doesn't have the best reviews, the rest are over the price range.

And yeah I've looked at them and the Cougars at the same time don't see any issue with that, personally I'm quite happy to go against the flow and don't see an issue with that, my last mouse is 12+yr old and was made by Targus, It's been so good I don't really need to upgrade just I want to.

I've been more disappointed with premium products than I have with midrange products but I was looking to see if anyone here has actually used a Cougar mouse.

Just now, rentaspoon said:

I've been more disappointed with premium products than I have with midrange products but I was looking to see if anyone here has actually used a Cougar mouse.

Cougar are Germany-made so they're pretty high quality as far as I concern, and yes they're not that popular compare to the known brands on the market, so it'll be quite hard to find people using them for you to see their opinions. And it's totally suitable with your against-the-flow approach. Best wishes :)

Spoiler

2 hours ago, NationsAnarchy said:

Cougar are Germany-made so they're pretty high quality as far as I concern, and yes they're not that popular compare to the known brands on the market, so it'll be quite hard to find people using them for you to see their opinions. And it's totally suitable with your against-the-flow approach. Best wishes :)

Haha, I'm not trying to be a hipster :)

Was hoping someone had use them tho, thanks for the recommendations as well

Also apologies if I came across as a jerk, wasn't my intent.

Edit: Turns out that where I shop now don't do free shipping and want £10 for delivery so i'll keep looking

Edited by rentaspoon
I'm stupid

1 hour ago, rentaspoon said:

Also apologies if I came across as a jerk, wasn't my intent.

Haha not a problem to me at least. Good luck purchasing your new mouse mate :D (I assume that you're British with that location name :D

Spoiler