Is bitcoin worth it?

Hey, i have been really looking into bitcoin mining no as something that im going to pay the bills with but just to have running on a dedicated computer and i was wondering if it is even work setting it up or trying. i know the basics of it but does anyone have any advice and or help explain it in more detail?

no, unless someone is paying your power bill for you

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

3 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

i don't pay for electricity at my apartment.

3 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

How much on  average gaming pc would u even make then.

2 minutes ago, Hyperthread1 said:

i don't pay for electricity at my apartment.

@Tac127

Even then, you are too late to get into BitCoin mining. I think something like an R9 290x used to make 2 cents a day a couple of months ago. And that is not counting hardware costs and the like. And the difficulty to mine it only increases over time.

Bitcoin mining has become so difficult that even ASIC-based SHA-256 hashing computers capable of hundreds of terahashes per second are bogging down. Bitcoin mining is not worth anything anymore, especially on desktop hardware.

Even scrypt mining is unprofitable to anyone who doesn't have balls/ovaries made of cast iron and economic skills bordering on precognition. And even that will be useless if you don't have a couple of 290Xs.

1 minute ago, KemoKa said:

Bitcoin mining has become so difficult that even ASIC-based SHA-256 hashing computers capable of hundreds of terahashes per second are bogging down. Bitcoin mining is not worth anything anymore, especially on desktop hardware.

Even scrypt mining is unprofitable to anyone who doesn't have balls/ovaries made of cast iron and economic skills bordering on precognition. And even that will be useless if you don't have a couple of 290Xs.

Even that would be useless unless you are not paying for your power. Not to mention that whoever actually pays the bills will notice a huge bump in the households power consumption.

And if I for whatever reason did have a couple of 290X's laying around doing nothing, then I would rather sell them, than to use them for mining. You'd gain a greater amount of money that way, and much, much faster as well.