GPU Error?

EpicNinja
Go to solution Solved by ApolloX75,

It's possible the cards were loosened from the slots. I call it "card creep" personally, and it's pretty common if you move your system around a lot. It usually happens more often in cheaper cases with weak structural support around the rear I/O, but it can happen in more expensive cases as well.

It's likely just re-seating the cards; not even swapping, would have fixed the issue. If it comes back again however then suspect a damaged card although that usually presents itself with strange colored fragments (artifacts) and white squares appearing.

So I run SLI, right? Two MSi GTX 950s. Yesterday, I go to play CS:GO, and there are these weird green color errors running down my screen. In competitions too. So I'm like, "Oh well. Must Be the game." So I reinstall the game. Twice. No fixes. Other games like Rust were fine, so I kinda just let it go. Well, today, I decide to play The Crew. Same thing happens. So I swap my two GPU's. Now, everything is fine. I just don't know what the hell is going on with Card #1. It's in my PCI-E 8x slot now, but it's weird because I haven't done like anything with my card. I do, however I do carry my full tower computer between my mom and dad's house each week. Any suggestions, or did I just kill my card?

AMD FX6300 @ 4GHz | MSI GTX 950 (x2 SLI) | Intel SSD | WD GREEN | Corsair CX500 | CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5 | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K65 RGB | MadCatz R.A.T. 7 | Logitech G35

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HwFf3C

It's possible the cards were loosened from the slots. I call it "card creep" personally, and it's pretty common if you move your system around a lot. It usually happens more often in cheaper cases with weak structural support around the rear I/O, but it can happen in more expensive cases as well.

It's likely just re-seating the cards; not even swapping, would have fixed the issue. If it comes back again however then suspect a damaged card although that usually presents itself with strange colored fragments (artifacts) and white squares appearing.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Thank you so much. I didn't know that could happen with a case like the CM Mastercase Pro 5. That's good that it is probably only the card slipping though. I'll Put a picture of what it looked like on:Artifract.thumb.jpg.f0a57e316fb501fae8ae

AMD FX6300 @ 4GHz | MSI GTX 950 (x2 SLI) | Intel SSD | WD GREEN | Corsair CX500 | CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5 | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K65 RGB | MadCatz R.A.T. 7 | Logitech G35

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HwFf3C