Triple Level text encryptor/decryptor

CGameDev

Coded a triple level encryption and decryption application in c#. Will add source code if anyone interested.

de.png

en.png

Some encryption these days is so good not even the best super computers could break it in a reasonable number of years, but even still, I've often wondered about how much more secure it would be to encrypt the encrypted stream again and again, perhaps with different algorithms.  Would anyone ever figure it out?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Some encryption these days is so good not even the best super computers could break it in a reasonable number of years, but even still, I've often wondered about how much more secure it would be to encrypt the encrypted stream again and again, perhaps with different algorithms.  Would anyone ever figure it out?

This one i coded cipher 3 keys from the main keys, it then encrypt those three key individually then form one key. That one key is then encrypted to a final key that is used to encrypt the text in the text editor. The encryption uses xor syntax for anything to be encrypt.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've always read that the protected data should still be secure even if the attacker knows the method of encryption being used. Basically, don't rely on security through obscurity. It probably doesn't hurt as an extra layer on top of proper security practices, but it shouldn't be what you rely on to keep things safe.

With that said, it's a common practice to repeat an algorithm multiple times when hashing data (like passwords).

Would be interesting to see the source code just to learn how encryption works through example. If not, then being able to download an exe to try out your app would be fun. =D

4 minutes ago, xiiijamaican said:

I have to be honest, that interface is incredibly ugly

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I have to be honest, that interface is incredibly ugly

I guess so, its not my finest work. Its just something I took 40 minutes out of me day to do cause I was bored.

On 2/5/2016 at 7:16 AM, xiiijamaican said:

I guess so, its not my finest work. Its just something I took 40 minutes out of me day to do cause I was bored.

Redesigned

ui2.png

ui1.png

I'm a little confused. You say it is a triple level encryption scheme, yet all I can see in the source is that you're generating 3 keys (Level I, II and III) and then constructing some sort of final key... but then you're not even using that when you do the encryption of the plaintext...

1 hour ago, LukeTim said:

I'm a little confused. You say it is a triple level encryption scheme, yet all I can see in the source is that you're generating 3 keys (Level I, II and III) and then constructing some sort of final key... but then you're not even using that when you do the encryption of the plaintext...

Sorry sent you the wrong version.