Zotac gtx 970 experiences

Does anyone have experience with the zotac gtx 970, the normal one with two fans, does it como whine like crazy? Are the fans noisy as f?

Its small. Its cute. The fans are loud af. Will not overclock well. 

Basically not a 970 I'd recommend. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, chalvador.mdo said:

Does anyone have experience with the zotac gtx 970, the normal one with two fans, does it como whine like crazy? Are the fans noisy as f?

It is terrible imo. The fans are spinning at min 28% due to VBIOS limitations, combine it with the small fans it is loud in idle in a noise dampened case like the Define R5. I regret, that I bought it back then in 12/2014 and did not spend some bucks more on a better card. Especially after the "4 gigs lie", I did not think that the smallest Zotac GTX970 was a good decision even for 315 european bucks.

And yes sometimes there is coil whining, but only when I played games like WatchDogs or FarCry 4 i 2014 Their loading screens where the FPS counter showed numbers far beyond 170FPS, caused it. Go for a better model of the GTX 970.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home