Logitech G602 - Switch failure?

Last year around this time I purchased the G602, it was a good deal at $50 CDN. 

I like the mouse a lot for various reasons, heavy though... duh batteries.  =)

Anyways:

Two weeks ago I noticed the middle mouse button was missing clicks regularly.  Functionality would briefly return, but briefly.  Blowing into the middle button (right into the mouse) actually worked, but for only a short time.  The problem started spreading to the left/right clicks shortly after. 

After a short search online for anyone with a similar problem, I did find that a small percentage of people were experiencing this also.  These switches (at least the left/right buttons) are supposed to be rated for 20M clicks. 

I decided to open the mouse up to hopefully find a hair or something impeding something or something... I was just looking for any mechanical issue I could easily fix.  Everything seemed clean inside.  I took the mouse to my PC and tested manually hitting the switches.  They were missing clicks.

After a few days of blowing into my mouse as needed, I found a good deal on a Func MS-2 and jumped on it.  It would be about a week traveling time as the unit I ordered was stored across the country.

During that wait, my G602 magically started working properly.  About a week had passed and no evidence of switch failure was evident.  I though great, I can still use this thing.  I picked up my MS-2 tonight (NCIX), and when I got home it all began again.

As I am writing this the left click, the right click. and the middle mouse button are at any given point:  missing clicks.

The good news is that Logitech has a 3 year limited warranty on this mouse.  The bad news is that I opened it up.  I do not know if they will honor the warranty.  I guess my next step will be to contact Logitech.

Has anyone had a problem with a G602?

Yup, mine has difficulty

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Did you contact Logitech?

I tried multiple times, i had trouble finding a place to contact them,i never ended up getting through to them

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I lost middle click and right click (I think) on my g602 I just replaced the switches with some out of a random old Logitech wireless I had on hand lol

I got the mouse shipped to me knowing the middle click was messed up and I could just get it to work again by hitting the mouse on its side and that worked for like 6 months before I finally had to take it apart because of right click failing lol

I tried multiple times, i had trouble finding a place to contact them,i never ended up getting through to them

That's not good news.  :lol:

I lost middle click and right click (I think) on my g602 I just replaced the switches with some out of a random old Logitech wireless I had on hand lol

I got the mouse shipped to me knowing the middle click was messed up and I could just get it to work again by hitting the mouse on its side and that worked for like 6 months before I finally had to take it apart because of right click failing lol

Can you verify if it was in fact the switch, or just a contact point (between the switch and PCB)?

I swear I just blow into the mouse (at the MMB) and it works.  Sometimes for a minute, sometimes way longer.

That's not good news.  :lol:

Can you verify if it was in fact the switch, or just a contact point (between the switch and PCB)?

I swear I just blow into the mouse (at the MMB) and it works.  Sometimes for a minute, sometimes way longer.

Yeah...

But my G602 seems to be working fine now, so im good for now

That's not good news. :lol:

I swear I just blow into the mouse (at the MMB) and it works. Sometimes for a minute, sometimes way longer.

its the switch, I used mine for months with the messed up switch working even months before it would stop again. I think @TheProfosist may have done an rma on mine becuase that switch but not sure.

its the switch, I used mine for months with the messed up switch working even months before it would stop again. I think @TheProfosist may have done an rma on mine becuase that switch but not sure.

I just started my support ticket with Logitech.  I am secretly hoping I can get a G402 or G303 instead... unless they can give me a G602 with good switches.

Damn, if what you're saying is true then I'm worried my G602 will start to give up on me. I've only had it for 3 weeks and it's been flawless. If anything happens I'll be sure to post about it.

You also mentioned the weight of the G602 due to the batteries. Consider using Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries - they're quite a bit lighter than the included ones and last longer too.

Damn, if what you're saying is true then I'm worried my G602 will start to give up on me. I've only had it for 3 weeks and it's been flawless. If anything happens I'll be sure to post about it.

You also mentioned the weight of the G602 due to the batteries. Consider using Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries - they're quite a bit lighter than the included ones and last longer too.

I would not worry too much.  3 year warranty, keep your receipt.  Logitech wants receipts.

The weight does not bother me too much. :)

On 1/30/2016 at 10:10 PM, Charger said:

That's not good news. :lol:

I swear I just blow into the mouse (at the MMB) and it works. Sometimes for a minute, sometimes way longer.

yes I killed the middle click Logitech was nice enough to replace it and I sent it off to charger since all he had was a G100s