Internet is... weird

Good evening Linustechtips Community,

my parents life in two different places which means that we have two different Wi-Fi networks. In the one from my mother im getting more or less consistent 5 mb/s, this alone tells me that the next problem isnt a hardware problem of mine ( That's what I think ). But whenever I connect  to my dads 'amazing' 750 kb/s network it - on first glance - works perfectly. I can watch Youtube Videos, Browse every website and generally do, whatever you can do with chrome. But when it comes to steam or logging into games (e.g. League of Legends ) the internet just shuts off and I get set into offline mode or it crashes half way through. Steam straight up goes into 'We couldn't establish a connection - wanna start in offline mode?' (this is also the case with 'rockstar social club') and League has this weird thing of being able to update in the launcher and verifying my login-data, but not actually letting me 'Log-on'. 

I tested my packet loss on many Websites (with cmd), Yes I tried turning my pc off and on again and - simply waiting.

Is there anything you can reccomend to me in that regard?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

(Ps: sry for me bad ingrish)

@NOOT_NOOT 

First off welcome to the forum!  :D

Please make sure to follow your post so you can receive notices of replies better.  ;)

Nice story but not much to go on.

Please post your specs of the system you are using and what modems you use to get the internet through.

add anything else that may be relevant as well.

How often doe the connection drop? is it consistent?

Have you attempted to reset your IP address?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

+1 Need more info:

1. What hardware at each location? What model modem/router/gateway. Specifically your fathers.

2. What are you connecting with? A laptop? What model and OS?

3.How are you connecting? Wired? Wireless? If wireless, what signal strength?

4. What speed/tier does your father pay for?

5. Can you post some speed tests? 
DSLreports Speedtest
Speedof Speedtest

6.Can you post your packet loss? Better yet, tracert to LoL NA Server 104.160.131.1 or see here for more info.