Fan setup!

MVPernula

Okay guys!

I'm on a Corsair 730T case and want to ask for assistance about how I should place my fans and coolers.

To begin with I have 2 intakes (front) and 3 outtakes (H100i on top, and a single 140mm on back). I have all of them set in silent and everything is kept cool. However I know I'm causing negative air pressure and since the 730T doesn't have a filter on top it's getting quite dusty.

I'm considering moving my H100i from top to front under my DVD-writer followed REMOVING two fans to put the "roof" back on the top. This will give me positive air pressure, but I'm wondering if this will suffocate my Dual 970's? I think that my H100i would reach all the way but just barely. Is this a good idea or should I keep my current setup?

I would simply turn the rear exhaust fan around and buy a 140mm dust filter. Silverstone's dust filter are pretty good.

Then you got three intakes and three outtakes and the heat can still get easily out of the top.

I would simply turn the rear exhaust fan around and buy a 140mm dust filter. Silverstone's dust filter are pretty good.

Then you got three intakes and three outtakes and the heat can still get easily out of the top.

Then I'd have 3 intakes and 2 outtakes* I onlu have 5 fans! But yes, I didn't even think about this. I'll strongly consider doing it.

It depends on the style of coolers your 970 has. If they are open air I would recommend to ditch the silent and up the noise and get some good airflow. If they are blower then the negative pressure should be fine. You can always buy aftermarket dust filters too. They usually aren't two expensive. I got two for around 3 dollars and they work just fine. For me personally I have two intakes on the front, one on the side, and one on the back, and two exhausts on the top.聽

Then I'd have 3 intakes and 2 outtakes* I onlu have 5 fans! But yes, I didn't even think about this. I'll strongly consider doing it.

Oh okay. Well, then you got at least positive air pressure :P

It depends on the style of coolers your 970 has. If they are open air I would recommend to ditch the silent and up the noise and get some good airflow. If they are blower then the negative pressure should be fine. You can always buy aftermarket dust filters too. They usually aren't two expensive. I got two for around 3 dollars and they work just fine. For me personally I have two intakes on the front, one on the side, and one on the back, and two exhausts on the top.聽

They are Gigabyte Geforce G1 970's!

As above I would turn the rear exhaust into an in take fan. That way it can feed most of the air needed to be exhausted through the H100i.

Leaving the 2 front in takes will feed plenty of air to your graphics cards.

Make sure you get a fan filter for the exhaust fan if you do swap it.

Please avoid double posting in the future.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" -聽Edward I. Koch