How would you set the fans up in this case?

Hey guys, just curious as to how you would attempt to maximize airflow in my case. 

I have a fractal define s with 6 case fans and a CPU cooler. 

Currently I have the top two moduvents off to bring air in over my VRM's ( I have a OC'd 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz), a standard exhaust fan in the rear. the CPU cooler bringing air over the fins to the back exhaust vent and 3 intake fans in the front with the PSU bringing air in from the bottom and exhausting out the back (self contained unit). 

I was thinking about switching the CPU fan to pull and rear exhaust to intake and the 3 front fans to exhaust. I think it would overall improve the airflow but it would mean my intake is entirely unfiltered. Basically switching the entire airflow from in front to exhaust back, to intake top and rear and exhaust the front. 

Is exhausting air just as beneficial to cool the VRM's or is the direct airflow over them going to result in better temperatures? I wouldn't ming going completely traditional and just switching the top intakes to exhaust. 

Currently my CPU reaches 59C at max load and the VRM's get to 65C at max load. 

Why not do it the other way around, as they should, get rear and top 3 on outtake, the front 3 fans as in

and you`re done

to game or not to game, that`s the question

I am concerned about cooling the VRM's. This would definitely cause temps to increase in this area.

Why not do it the other way around, as they should, get rear and top 3 on outtake, the front 3 fans as in
and you`re done

Jayztwocents did a great video about it

always want positive pressure and you don't want to starve your parts of air by having to many exhausts.

Yeah, I've seen this. But it doesn't answer any questions that I've asked.

Could you post a picture of a square and arrows to demonstrate the airflow?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I am concerned about cooling the VRM's. This would definitely cause temps to increase in this area. 

well, you shouldn`t be, VRM`s are almost cooled good enough passively, when air is going over them, it`ll be a lot better. What kind of a CPU cooler do you have?

well, you shouldn`t be, VRM`s are almost cooled good enough passively, when air is going over them, it`ll be a lot better. What kind of a CPU cooler do you have?

I have an 8320, the VRM's get hot. I have a ton of airflow for them currently and they are still at 65c.

It's not an intel processor where you don't have to worry about it.

Could you post a picture of a square and arrows to demonstrate the airflow?

uISCKz0.png

I have an 8320, the VRM's get hot. I have a ton of airflow for them currently and they are still at 65c. 

It's not an intel processor where you don't have to worry about it. 

65 degrees isn`t bad, 85 and higher is really bad, the other temps are fine, try what I suggested, may help

From what I see the optimal setup would be to have the top fans as exhaust also, or at least the top fan in the rear of the case.

If you have intakes above where the heat rises, the intake fan will just push the heat back down towards the cpu/heatsink and out the rear exhaust.

It would be best to suck all the heat away from the hot areas with exhaust on top and in the rear.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -