Good Value Used GPUs

MajorSpud
Go to solution Solved by VG Docs,

How does a 580 compare to a 670, as someone else mentioned?

I wasn't on earlier so sorry for the late comment.

The 580 is a a decent amount worse than the 670. The 670 was quite the hit when it came out because of its crazy performance.

So I am currently running a 6950 in my PC. It works decently for my purposes, but it runs a little too hot and loud for my liking. I should probably mention that I have the fan speed set to 30% manually in Catalyst Control Center. This fixes the noise issue, but leads to a heat problem (90*C when gaming). 

I'm considering selling it, and an older card and getting something else. Any recommendations for roughly $100? I'm thinking of getting an Nvidia card because I have an interest in making videos in the future. I have heard that the CUDA cores help a lot with that. Mainly though, I am looking to get something that runs cooler, and can be powered by my 500w PSU.

Also let me know if you don't think this would be worthwhile. I am mainly trying to do this so that I can get my PC running a little quieter. I assume that a cooler card will help to allow my PCs cooling system to generate a bit less noise.

Thanks in advance.

The 280x

I see them regularly under $80

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

-Snipe-

If you can find a 680 like these are saying that'd be great... but that's usually a lot more than $100 like in your post.

A 580 on the other hand isn't, and is pretty good. It's not a huge step up from a 6950, but hey- Cuda cores right?.

280/280Xs are usually only slightly higher in price, but will benefit you more in its overall value. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

The 280x

I see them regularly under $80

Where the hell do you ever see a 280x anywhere near 80? 

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Where the hell do you ever see a 280x anywhere near 80? 

kijiji.ca

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If you can find a 680 like these are saying that'd be great... but that's usually a lot more than $100 like in your post.

A 580 on the other hand isn't, and is pretty good. It's not a huge step up from a 6950, but hey- Cuda cores right?.

280/280Xs are usually only slightly higher in price, but will benefit you more in its overall value. 

A 580 obliterates a 6970 if you OC though.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

kijiji.ca

That's assuming you live in Canada though.

Still a great value..

280x is great value now that all the miners are selling their stocks. 

Ive been selling mine for 120

Still a great value..

It doesn't take away from its value, but most people simply won't be able to/willing to (and it won't be worth it for many either) deal with that considering it's not a site where you can ship items elsewhere. It's just viable in one part of the world.

Yeah, I live in the USA.

A 580 obliterates a 6970 if you OC though.

I'd imagine that would negate most of the point of trying to get a cooler card. Or am I wrong?

Seconded. Reference 580s and 680s and some 290/290x are all good.

Out of all of those, I could probably only afford the 580.

Yes, but you'll probably see them for like $180. You could find a GTX 670

I think that seems like the best option. It's the lowest power option that's been recommended, and I could probably afford it.

I wasn't on earlier so sorry for the late comment.

The 580 is a a decent amount worse than the 670. The 670 was quite the hit when it came out because of its crazy performance.