Use Just a Controller from Bed?

byalexandr

Is there some application I can install that allows me to chill in my bed with my 360 controller but browse YouTube and stuff? Similar to this but free: http://store.steampowered.com/app/367670/

Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just simple to install and get working and not bloatware or anything. Thanks!

i don't know about you, but you might as well part 3 bucks for that app. it's pretty damn useful and has lots of features. not much like it. i use it when i don't feel like using kb+m 

i don't know about you, but you might as well part 3 bucks for that app. it's pretty damn useful and has lots of features. not much like it 

I just want to be able to pause and play videos and click stuff. Is there some thing in Big Picture perhaps? It has a web browser doesn't it?

I just want to be able to pause and play videos and click stuff. Is there some thing in Big Picture perhaps? It has a web browser doesn't it?

well i don't want to force you to buy it, but that app really has everything.. it's more powerful than you think 

SEriously man..its $3

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

uhhh try a 360 controller emulator I forget what it's called but you can technically control your computer using it

Ahh JoyToKey is the app

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

kodi with the right add ons could work?

I just used Big Picture Mode. Worked quite well actually.

You could just use the the web browser in steam big picture mode. Not sure about its support for things like youtube etc though.

You could just use the the web browser in steam big picture mode. Not sure about its support for things like youtube etc though.

That's what I did...

I got you covered, I use this setup with my HTPC.  Here is a free program that does exactly what the paid app there does:

http://xbstart.info/

Lets you control mouse movement with left analog, volume with the right, arrow keys with the d-pad, scrolling with left and right trigger.

For Youtube, just create a browser shortcut to http://www.youtube.com/leanback which will allow you to browse Youtube with the D-pad as arrow keys.  In Kodi I have it launch in Kiosk mode which takes over the entire screen where you can't see the taskbar at the bottom or the menu bar and such in the browser.

EDIT: just realized that I don't think XBStart works on Windows 10, my HTPC still has 8.1 installed so depending on your OS this may or may not work.