replacing generic USB audio driver?

DJ411

So the one biggest thing i've noticed with Windows 8 to Windows 7 that i hate the most is my Mic. I have a AT2020 USB condenser microphone. It worked great in Windows 7. So great i had the input volume of my Mic set to 40%. Sadly with Windows 8 i have to crank it up to 80% just to get the same performance of the mic.

When i first installed Windows 8 and had this issue i emailed Audio-Technica about it. They clearly didn't understand what my issue was but all i got was that they don't design the drivers. So clearly i can't get any help from them.

Now that i've had Windows 8 for a while and its been out i'm just wondering, Is it possible to replace Windows 8 generic USB audio drivers with Windows 7 generic USB audio drivers?

I'd doubt the drivers would be drastically different that they would be causing this issue. Have you tried uninstalling and re installing? What about checking in your device manager for other usb audio drivers? Also make sure to show hidden devices (under view option)

There is nothing to install or uninstall. I plug in the mic and it works. The generic USB audio drivers that are being used to i guess control my mic suck. I liked the ones from Windows 7 and i was hoping to replace the Windows 8 with Windows 7 ones.

Have you tried right clicking on the volume button on your system tray and going to recording device/going to sound in the control panel and clicking on your microphone then clicking properties then levels and adjusting the "microphone boost" option?

2500k @ 4.8, R9 290x, 256GB Vertex 4, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Brown, Logitech G602 Mouse, Kingwin Lazer 1000w Platinum PSU, Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM 8GB @1866, Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3, Xonar U7, Sennheiser 598, Switch 810, Coolermaster Hyper 212 with 1x Noctua nf-f12