Graphics Card Upgrade

JaZoN_XD

So I'm planning to upgrade my 750 Ti to a 970 but is there any steps that i need to take before I shut down the PC and plug in the new card? Do I have to uninstall drivers...etc.?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

unplug PSU (turn pc off beforehand), once its in you need to get new drivers and it should work.

also have you considered the R9 390? its currently a better option at that price-point than a 970.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

unplug PSU (turn pc off beforehand), once its in you need to get new drivers and it should work.

also have you considered the R9 390? its currently a better option at that price-point than a 970.

Yes I considered it but I'd like to use shadowplay and the 970 is cooler and less power, which I appreciate.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

Yes I considered it but I'd like to use shadowplay and the 970 is cooler and less power, which I appreciate.

What's with shadow play? My brother has a GTX 760 but he never even uses shadow play. Can you explain the advantages to me?

What's with shadow play? My brother has a GTX 760 but he never even uses shadow play. Can you explain the advantages to me?

Its good if you want to record videos of you playing with minimal lag or stream your pc to raspbery pi or simlar to play your games on the TV rather than spend $50 USD on a steam link.

Specs:

CPU: i5-6500 3.2 GHz Mobo: ASRock H110M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition Storage: 120GB Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB WD HDD 7200 RPM PSU: Antec VP600P 600W Display: CrossOver 2795QHD 2560x1440 105 Hz OC OS: Windows 10 64 bit

almost no performance hit while recording at 50mb/s and 60 fps.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

Yea, you should be able to just plug it in. Be sure to ground yourself first and turn off the psu and wait about a minute for it to fully discharge then plug it in. If your monitor doesn't display an image don't freak out just use your on-board graphics until you get drivers installed then shut it down and change to the gpu. 

almost no performance hit while recording at 50mb/s and 60 fps.

Its good if you want to record videos of you playing with minimal lag or stream your pc to raspbery pi or simlar to play your games on the TV rather than spend $50 USD on a steam link.

Thanks to both of you guys.

You shouldn't have too. Just make sure the PSU is turned off, then swap the cards. Don't forget to download the new drivers.

AMD FX6300 @ 4GHz | MSI GTX 950 (x2 SLI) | Intel SSD | WD GREEN | Corsair CX500 | CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5 | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K65 RGB | MadCatz R.A.T. 7 | Logitech G35

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HwFf3C