BF4 Mantle...

MachineKillx

Hey guys, so I went back to plying some bf4, and when I tried the Mantle API, in the loading screen to MP, it would just go into a infinite sound loop and freeze, but with DX11, it runs normally...Any answers?

Specs:

R9 270

Pentium G3258 @4.0ghz

8gb Ram

I am  MCCCXXXVII

i used to play with mantle back when i had my HD7950 3GB graphics card and the game would run fine for about 1 minute and then i was running out of video memory and the game would start to stutter and then after 2 minutes it would crash.

Mantle is super VRAM hungry and if you have a 2GB card this is probably why you can't even get to load the damn thing.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i used to play with mantle back when i had my HD7950 3GB graphics card and the game would run fine for about 1 minute and then i was running out of video memory and the game would start to stutter and then after 2 minutes it would crash.

Mantle is super VRAM hungry and if you have a 2GB card this is probably why you can't even get to load the damn thing.

lol...maybe that's true,

I am  MCCCXXXVII

lol...maybe that's true,

monitor your VRAM usage and then you'll know :) (or you won't but you'll know for sure it's not the problem :) )

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR