First build ever

DMDMC

Hi all, like the title says this is going to be my first ever pc build. I'm using this for mainly video editing/photoshop purposes as well as gaming. The parts I'm concerned about in particular are my cpu cooler and psu. If someone has opinions on the other parts feel free to comment. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tHLPjX

I've heard great things about the Hyper 212. The stock cooler is built to keep up with stock speeds, so anything above that is bonus. Are you planning on overclocking? If not, the 212 should be overkill. If so, then the 212 will give you a lot of room to work with. 

PCPartPicker estimates your power use at 511W, the 650W PSU will give you more than 100W of room to work within. That should be plenty. Looks like a fun build, enjoy it!

I've heard great things about the Hyper 212. The stock cooler is built to keep up with stock speeds, so anything above that is bonus. Are you planning on overclocking? If not, the 212 should be overkill. If so, then the 212 will give you a lot of room to work with. 

PCPartPicker estimates your power use at 511W, the 650W PSU will give you more than 100W of room to work within. That should be plenty. Looks like a fun build, enjoy it!

Thre 5820k doesn´t come with a stock cooler...

The hyper 212 is a very good cooler, Ive used it as well as your nearing up on the max output of the psu around 80% so it should be extremely efficient at that workload, at idle it should be in the 20% - 50% range, so it seems like it's a very good build!

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Thre 5820k doesn´t come with a stock cooler...

I was suggesting that the 212 is far more capable than a stock cooler on any CPU. Not necessarily that the 5820k came with one. If a stock cooler were purchased/used, it would be far less powerful than the Hyper 212, and therefore the 212 should do just about anything that the builder would want from it.