Catastrophic Linux Problem

v0id

So I recently installed Linux Mint on a partition on my SSD. I played around with it and ultimately didn't like it so I went into Disk Management on the Windows side of things and deleted the partition, then re-extended it so I now had my full SSD back. Things were normal until I rebooted. Now I'm receiving an error about how the partition can't be found and I'm getting a grub rescue prompt. The format of the error is as follows:

error: no disk partition

Entering rescue mode...

grub rescue>

Based on Google, I screwed up big time but I don't have a clear way to fix it. I don't have my original installation media from Windows (it was a download that ran from within the Windows environment), and my BIOS is frozen so I can't change my boot order or modify anything. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64. Any ideas on how I can rectify this? Obviously getting rid of Linux wasn't as simple as I thought but need this fixed ASAP.

Help??

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

If your bios is frozen reset it (pull the battery). 

If your bios is frozen reset it (pull the battery). 

According to Google, the error is causing my BIOS to freeze. A simple reset won't fix it. But I shall try anyway

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

According to Google, the error is causing my BIOS to freeze. A simple reset won't fix it. But I shall try anyway

BIOS still frozen, but funnily enough it's still keeping time. Just all the sensors are N/A and I can't move the mouse or use my keyboard at all.

grub still thinks linux is still there so you'll have to restore the windows boot loader since it got overwritten when you installed linux.  I've used these steps before and it worked.  http://www.howtogeek.com/141818/how-to-uninstall-a-linux-dual-boot-system-from-your-computer/

This guide is assuming I can get into Windows and that have my original media, which I do not. I cannot get past the grub rescue prompt, nor can I tell my system to boot to a different device (I got Mint on a USB drive). Thanks anyway though.

Does unplugging the SSD allow you to change the boot order?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Does unplugging the SSD allow you to change the boot order?

Yes actually it does. Awesome, thanks. So the only thing I have on hand is the USB drive that had Mint on it. Is that any help to me right now?

Yes actually it does. Awesome, thanks. So the only thing I have on hand is the USB drive that had Mint on it. Is that any help to me right now?

Unfortunately the easiest way would be using a windows disk.

You might be able to reinstall mint and uninstall it in a way that doesn't mess up the SSD? I'm not sure.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

So I attempted a reinstall of Mint and screwed it up even further. So I'm zeroing the entire drive and starting from scratch. Guess I should have researched Linux a bit more before diving in. Live and learn I guess. Thanks though for trying guys.