How to get my CDA files from a CD to play on mp3 player?

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Use a program like Windows Media Player or iTunes to rip the files off the CD.

I received a music album CD as a gift from my friend, now I want to play those songs on my mp3 player. However when I opened the CD on my PC, all the files were CDA and did not do anything if I moved them outside the CD. So how can I fix this problem? Are there any reliable software that converts CDA into things like mp3 and wma?

Thanks ahead of time.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I received a music album CD as a gift from my friend, now I want to play those songs on my mp3 player. However when I opened the CD on my PC, all the files were CDA and did not do anything if I moved them outside the CD. So how can I fix this problem? Are there any reliable software that converts CDA into things like mp3 and wma?

Thanks ahead of time.

rip the cd with cdex

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Just use any program to rip them into .ogg or whatever filetype you would like. Like one of the two mentioned above or something like foobar2k. This is assuming of course that you are on windows.

To be honest I suprised they are showing up as cda files and not wav files.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Must first check local laws before copying the contents of licensed media on a CD. Example, it is not permitted to copy a copyright audio CD in the UK.

Comb it with a brick

Must first check local laws before copying the contents of licensed media on a CD. Example, it is not permitted to copy a copyright audio CD in the UK.

Depends on the enforcement levels. Around here, no one enforces any laws regarding ripping DVDs or CDs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch