CPU modding

So yesterday I ordered an old Xeon 5150 Dual core I was gonna try to mod to fit the "Keychain" socket. anyone else have experience with this kind of mod? Think the sockets are compatible?

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

yeahno

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

yeahno

lol, why not? I got the chip for $1.61 SHIPPED

So yesterday I ordered an old Xeon 5150 Dual core I was gonna try to mod to fit the "Keychain" socket. anyone else have experience with this kind of mod? Think the sockets are compatible?

If you wanted to it would basically require you to clamp it down and drill a hole through a corner of the heatspreader and PCB, just be careful when going through the PCB material. Deburr and clean up any rough edges and your basically good

If you wanted to it would basically require you to clamp it down and drill a hole through a corner of the heatspreader and PCB, just be careful when going through the PCB material. Deburr and clean up any rough edges and your basically good

I was considering 2 smaller holes on the sides of the heat spreader, to try and do a lanyard style mount, thing that'd work?

I was considering 2 smaller holes on the sides of the heat spreader, to try and do a lanyard style mount, thing that'd work?

Most lanyards have a single hook or point on the end but If you were to make or modify one I guess you could. If you were to mount it though I would add a key rings to the drilled holes.