Question About Headphones

pckid

I think my Turtle Beach X12 headset has done its job for the past few years and this morning the right speaker gave out. I am dedicating around $200 for a new headset and I am looking for a headset for gaming, listening to music, and everyday use. I want a comfortable headset that sounds great and I can carry around and not have to deal with all the wires my X12 had. Thanks for your suggestions.  ;)

Would you be open to getting a seperate mic and headphones? Cuz that's what I would do. Getting a 50-75ish dollar mic and a 125-150ish dollar will get you a much higher quality overall for your money. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Would you be open to getting a seperate mic and headphones? Cuz that's what I would do. Getting a 50-75ish dollar mic and a 125-150ish dollar will get you a much higher quality overall for your money. 

$150 headphones + modmic :)

I already have a mic on my desk.

Sennheiser 598's are great, and go get yourself a modmic.

EDIT- Just saw post about already having a MIC.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I already have a mic on my desk.

Then just get some really good headphones. HD 558/598 and some others are really good headphones for music and gaming.

I used to be quite active here.

Then just get some really good headphones. HD 558/598 and some others are really good headphones for music and gaming.

I might look at those, they seem pretty good, I'll have to watch some review videos.

funny thing is, i went for the turtle beach x12 and bought a $200 headset lol and a fiio e10k ended up going with the k7xx from akg and havent looked back. I wouldn't recommend them for you however because you want something to use on the go so open back probably isn't the way to go

post-259091-0-03197700-1453583240_thumb.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

These are amazing headphones for the price, unless you are a die hard audiophile with super high end audio equipment, those will be more than enough:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453583470&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+558

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

These are amazing headphones for the price, unless you are a die hard audiophile with super high end audio equipment, those will be more than enough:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453583470&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+558

funny thing is, i went for the turtle beach x12 and bought a $200 headset lol and a fiio e10k ended up going with the k7xx from akg and havent looked back. I wouldn't recommend them for you however because you want something to use on the go so open back probably isn't the way to go

attachicon.gif20160123_160513.jpg

How is the bass? I did like the tons of bass on my X12 headset.

only used them for a few days, but the bass on the 558 i would rate as ''powerful, warm and comfy''...i don't know, i listen to metal and play electric guitars on them using my steinberg UR12 audio interface, i also play games and so far i love them.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

only used them for a few days, but the bass on the 558 i would rate as ''powerful, warm and comfy''...i don't know, i listen to metal and play electric guitars on them using my steinberg UR12 audio interface, i also play games and so far i love them.

I listen to rock music and some early hip hop music (late 80's and 90's)

I listen to rock music and some early hip hop music (late 80's and 90's)

i think they are amazing headphones, haven't tried a bunch of them though so i can't really compare but the reviews for them are good and price was fair so i went with them and i have no regret, that's the best i can do to help you :)

i think they are amazing headphones, haven't tried a bunch of them though so i can't really compare but the reviews for them are good and price was fair so i went with them and i have no regret, that's the best i can do to help you :)

Maybe if I don't like the bass I could get an amp.

well your comparing a $60 mic/headset vs a $200 headphones and a $70 dac/amp.. not really fair but heres what ill tell you.

the bass on the k7xx and the amp i own is NOTHING like the x12. the x12 has extreme bass compared to the k7xx. BUT the k7xx has WAY better sound quality. the x12 seems muffled and some sounds seem to blend into each other, but the k7xx are sooo clear. took like 10 mins to get used to the k7xx but damn they are so much better. Also i have 7.1 surround sound on my pc and ive never once gotten confused at to which audio out i was using (whether wearing a headset or listening to surround sound) but with my k7xx i could almost swear i was listening to my surround sound system. they are that close. just not the bass

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

well your comparing a $60 mic/headset vs a $200 headphones and a $70 dac/amp.. not really fair but heres what ill tell you.

the bass on the k7xx and the amp i own is NOTHING like the x12. the x12 has extreme bass compared to the k7xx. BUT the k7xx has WAY better sound quality. the x12 seems muffled and some sounds seem to blend into each other, but the k7xx are sooo clear. took like 10 mins to get used to the k7xx but damn they are so much better. Also i have 7.1 surround sound on my pc and ive never once gotten confused at to which audio out i was using (whether wearing a headset or listening to surround sound) but with my k7xx i could almost swear i was listening to my surround sound system. they are that close. just not the bass

Should I look at a higher end Turtle Beach headset since I liked the bass so much on my X12.

Should I look at a higher end Turtle Beach headset since I liked the bass so much on my X12.

you already own a mic so theres no point in getting another set of turtle beaches. i wouldn't recommend it. the bass drowns out the music and is one of the problems i have with them, other than them being extremely uncomfortable after like 2 hours. i say spend your money on some great quality headphones (Sennheiser, akg audio technica ) rather than spend it on something like turtle beaches or Beats. 

also an amp will not give you better bass unless your headphones are under powered. it just supplies your headphones more power. low end headsets will not benifit from an amp

you already own a mic so theres no point in getting another set of turtle beaches. i wouldn't recommend it. the bass drowns out the music and is one of the problems i have with them, other than them being extremely uncomfortable after like 2 hours. i say spend your money on some great quality headphones (Sennheiser, akg audio technica ) rather than spend it on something like turtle beaches or Beats. 

also an amp will not give you better bass unless your headphones are under powered. it just supplies your headphones more power. low end headsets will not benifit from an amp

My Turtle Beaches did hurt my head after a while of use and I wouldn't compare Turtle Beaches to Beats. I heard that Afterglows had good bass.

My Turtle Beaches did hurt my head after a while of use and I wouldn't compare Turtle Beaches to Beats.

wasnt comparing them... i just lumped them together as ones i wouldn't buy. beats probably have the bass your looking for but are stupidly overpriced for what you get

wasnt comparing them... i just lumped them together as ones i wouldn't buy. beats probably have the bass your looking for but are stupidly overpriced for what you get

Maybe as long as the bass isn't heavy but good then I will be fine, I usually adjust to different speakers/headphones after a few minutes.