Slim and lightweight gaming laptop. Need one asap!

Im looking to buy a new laptop for gaming/Computer aided design (CAD) programs!

I have a custom built PC for home use, it has great power for everything that I need. Even intensive gaming!

But i need something for on the go, im going to be needing something that i can do all my work on and still be able to play games when at lan parties etc. 

I have been looking around for some laptops that have a slim form but are powerful, but nothing seems like i'm making a right decision!

My original plan was for a Razer Blade but as I am in Australia the selection is limited and there is no stock at the moment.

If anyone could send me in the right direction i will be very greatfull :)

Thanks,

Lochey

I have a custom built PC for home use, it has great power for everything that I need. Even intensive gaming!

But i need something for on the go, im going to be needing something that i can do all my work on and still be able to play games when at lan parties etc. 

I have been looking around for some laptops that have a slim form but are powerful, but nothing seems like i'm making a right decision!

My original plan was for a Razer Blade but as I am in Australia the selection is limited and there is no stock at the moment.

Thanks,

Lochey

Budget?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Budget?

I like to stay around $2700

I can go a little higher, and i am happy to go lower.

Im not to sure of the laptop scene sorry :P

Australian that is. $2700 AUD

http://www.metabox.com.au/store/b161/Metabox-Prime-P650RG-G-Laptop

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Thanks,

Lochey

just go for the blade

ssd space doesnt matter, external usb 3.0 hdd works fine

Without doing any research whatsoever I'm just gonna throw the razer blade out here

Dont go razer.... way over priced.

Get a msi gs70 stealth pro model 006.

Use extra money to get a large 1tb nvme ssd and have a blazing fast pc.

just go for the blade

ssd space doesnt matter, external usb 3.0 hdd works fine

Without doing any research whatsoever I'm just gonna throw the razer blade out here

Ok I will take that into consideration. Thanks

Dont go razer.... way over priced.

Get a msi gs70 stealth pro model 006.

Use extra money to get a large 1tb nvme ssd and have a blazing fast pc.

Do you have a GS70 SP? I would really like to hear how it runs, i cant find any reviews that go in depth 

Ok I will take that into consideration. Thanks

i personally use the blade pro and love it, though it is quite large, which is why i dont reccomend the pro

i personally use the blade pro and love it, though it is quite large, which is why i dont reccomend the pro

Those things are massively pricey aren't they? And i don't really see the applications of the touchpad thingy.

Yea i bought a gs70 from xotic pc... its amazing. I removed the hard drive and only have a 512gb 950 pro inside so the whole oc is INSANELY fast. From dead off im logged into windows in about 5 seconds. Reasonably loud when gaming. But nothing bad. Doesnt thermal throttle at all. If you turn on battery saver and just watch a movie or light work the battery lasts a good 4-5 hours.

Those things are massively pricey aren't they? And i don't really see the applications of the touchpad thingy.

2400 when i got it

not really that useful, but i wanted the larger screen and more powerful graphics it had when i got it

got it back in 2014 or so

(wanted bigger screen cause my prescription got past -7 in each eye and wanted to at least pretend to be able to see)

Yea i bought a gs70 from xotic pc... its amazing. I removed the hard drive and only have a 512gb 950 pro inside so the whole oc is INSANELY fast. From dead off im logged into windows in about 5 seconds. Reasonably loud when gaming. But nothing bad. Doesnt thermal throttle at all. If you turn on battery saver and just watch a movie or light work the battery lasts a good 4-5 hours.

Thanks so much! Sounds good, now i just need to find a way to get it into Australia!

2400 when i got it

not really that useful, but i wanted the larger screen and more powerful graphics it had when i got it

got it back in 2014 or so

(wanted bigger screen cause my prescription got past -7 in each eye and wanted to at least pretend to be able to see)

Ahh ok, i understand

Thanks so much! Sounds good, now i just need to find a way to get it into Australia!

xotic pc DOES ship all over the world. So you can make your custom laptop and get it shipped to you in Australia. Make sure to get the skylake 6700q version with the nvme ssd. Starting price is 1800usd, im not sure what the conversion rate is over to AUS

xotic pc DOES ship all over the world. So you can make your custom laptop and get it shipped to you in Australia. Make sure to get the skylake 6700q version with the nvme ssd. Starting price is 1800usd, im not sure what the conversion rate is over to AUS

Im going to be an hour or so, but i will take your word on that laptop and purchase it!

Thanks for all the help

Im going to be an hour or so, but i will take your word on that laptop and purchase it!

Thanks for all the help

if shipping internationally spend the few extra bucks and get white glove packing.

MSI GS40 Phantom! thats what I am getting, great price, 14", very slim and light, 970m etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii