Reset button

Danie0408
Go to solution Solved by TheThirstyWalrus,

I'll use it every once in a while, but they're kind of pointless in my eyes. but say youre in a game and it freezes and your windows key is disabled. the button comes in handy

Yoo guys, this will probably be the noobiest and dumbest question ever.

But many cases have a reset button, but I never ever use the reset button and I'm also afraid that if I do plug it in to the motherboard, that I will accidantly bump it.

So my question is: Why is there a reset button on the case, do you guys use it?

I made dis, Gaben pls

i5 6600K | Hyper 212 EVO | Asus Maximus VIII Alpha | HyperX Fury DDR4 8Gb | 850 EVO 500Gb

Corsair Carbide 400C | Supernova 750W G2

...GTX 970 In progress...

Yoo guys, this will probably be the noobiest and dumbest question ever.

But many cases have a reset button, but I never ever use the reset button and I'm also afraid that if I do plug it in to the motherboard, that I will accidantly bump it.

So my question is: Why is there a reset button on the case, do you guys use it?

You can simply leave it unplugged, but it's good for hard resets if the system bluescreens or freezes but you can also always cycle the PC on and off via the power button.

I'll use it every once in a while, but they're kind of pointless in my eyes. but say youre in a game and it freezes and your windows key is disabled. the button comes in handy

~TheThirstyWalrus

i dont because i feel like its not the way how it should be done....i mean i like to power my computer fully off when im restartig to the point where no electricity flows into the cpu or whatsoever. and a rest button wont help because its jus as i sayd reseting and if i run into OS issue not allways helps(i know that i reapired a lots of computers trust me) just better to plug directl out form the wall or switch the psu off 

The reset button on cases can sorta be your last resort if you have a software error and can not click restart. 

basically it restarts your pc. 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

The reset button on cases can sorta be your last resort if you have a software error and can not click restart. 

basically it restarts your pc. 

i dont because i feel like its not the way how it should be done....i mean i like to power my computer fully off when im restartig to the point where no electricity flows into the cpu or whatsoever. and a rest button wont help because its jus as i sayd reseting and if i run into OS issue not allways helps(i know that i reapired a lots of computers trust me) just better to plug directl out form the wall or switch the psu off 

You can simply leave it unplugged, but it's good for hard resets if the system bluescreens or freezes but you can also always cycle the PC on and off via the power button.

Thanks guys, helped alot!

I made dis, Gaben pls

i5 6600K | Hyper 212 EVO | Asus Maximus VIII Alpha | HyperX Fury DDR4 8Gb | 850 EVO 500Gb

Corsair Carbide 400C | Supernova 750W G2

...GTX 970 In progress...

A lot of today's mobos have a hard reset button right on the board anyway.  It's your choice.  I have mine installed for the rare case that I need it.  But my unit sits about 3 feet away from where I sit.

Laws only govern the honest.

Would've been useful on my old laptop that constantly had memory leakage

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....