POSTing issues

kroh
Go to solution Solved by TheAbel,

hard to say whats the issue here.

This are your error's 

A0 - IDE initialization is started

D4 - PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources

Might be a piece of hardware which refuses te be recognized, might be a faulty mobo.

For now i woud advise disconnect all drives/sata connections load default bios setting, power down.. reboot see what that does.

Make sure you run the latest bios.

Hello,

I've been using my computer for a month with no issue but yesterday, it's been acting up.

Sometimes it'll boot up successfully, but others it'll power (fans spinning, drives clicking), but loop without POSTing. Reseating the RAM usually helps.

The debug code that's showing now is A0, sometimes it's D4, but when it loops, it'll reach 32 then restart or show a9 (or 6, not sure) then restart.

Motherboard is GA-Z97X-UD5H

Thanks

hard to say whats the issue here.

This are your error's 

A0 - IDE initialization is started

D4 - PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources

Might be a piece of hardware which refuses te be recognized, might be a faulty mobo.

For now i woud advise disconnect all drives/sata connections load default bios setting, power down.. reboot see what that does.

Make sure you run the latest bios.

I updated my BIOS and that's seems to have done the trick.

I've restarted the computer a few times, waiting a longer time after each restart to make sure I don't run into the loop, and they've all successfully made it to the OS.

It did give a D4 code (apparently 04 but that code doesn't exist in the manual), but disabling fast boot seems to have "fixed" that, as per this thread's instructions. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35694-z77x-ud5h-code-d4/

I'll mark it as solved and see how it goes from here.

Thank you