i7 920 vs i5 6600k

The 6600K is the better CPU hands down. Clock speeds aren't the only thing that define a processor's speed

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

Buy a X5675 or a W3680 or 90. If you have a 1366 platform you have zero reason to upgrade right now unless you plan on running triple SLI or have extremely heavy multi-threaded workloads for a business. The i7 920-60 crap is slow but the Xeons are extremely fast and overclockable and best of all very very cheap, buy a good used one and spend the rest of your money upgrading the GPU.

A X5675 at 4.3 is about the equivalent of a 4790k at 4.9. Not exactly but in my humble opinion that is a fair enough comparison. 

You mean multi-threading, correct? Because in single-thread, a X5675 at 3.0 would be equivalent to the 4790K at 1.6-2.4 Ghz.

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....

I mean the Sandy Bridge-on architecture. I know it's an entirely different layout than pre-Sandy, but I don't think it ever got an official name.

Ah, I thought Nahalem was also pretty different from pre Nahalem stuff it was the first gen to have HT/SMT afterall

Hyperthreading is about 50% better, GENERALLY, DON'T QUOTE ME

Quoted, quoted, quoted, quoted, but in all seriousness that was just meant to give some imaginary numbers to show the difference 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas