Help Needed

FatManK
Good Day,

I require some help

I want to create a system where there will be a drop down list that allows selection

search

filters

and a calculation method

scenario:

I want some new Nike shoes I click on air one

I go to the box next to this I click shirt x.

prices will be listed next to the item and a calculated cost should be on the bottom somewhere

also links to buy each product from a store

End of scenario

I would also need to add many items to a certain category and require it to know the cheapest and server up that for example air one from amazon and from retailer X, retailer x has it for 50$ and amazon has it for 80$

both the items will be in the database but it should always and only serve up the cheapest and the appropriate links

I hope someone can aid me in something like this

I would like to know how I would do something like this using wordpress and what plugins coding etc. would i require 

any and all help is appreciated 

Thanks 

Good Day,
I require some help
I want to create a system where there will be a drop down list that allows selection
search
filters
and a calculation method

scenario:
I want some new Nike shoes I click on air one
I go to the box next to this I click shirt x.
prices will be listed next to the item and a calculated cost should be on the bottom somewhere
also links to buy each product from a store

End of scenario

I would also need to add many items to a certain category and require it to know the cheapest and server up that for example air one from amazon and from retailer X, retailer x has it for 50$ and amazon has it for 80$
both the items will be in the database but it should always and only serve up the cheapest and the appropriate links

I hope someone can aid me in something like this

I would like to know how I would do something like this using wordpress and what plugins coding etc. would i require 

any and all help is appreciated 

Thanks 

I'm no coder, but do you guys really use -snip- oops I just mistaked the wordpress for something else xD anyway, I would've thought you would've liked to code your own website. Much more fun <3

There is 14 of these, 14 hours of video, and you will know how.

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

I'm no coder, but do you guys really use -snip- oops I just mistaked the wordpress for something else xD anyway, I would've thought you would've liked to code your own website. Much more fun <3

Would have loved too but since I have a working website on this platform I thought i'd use it 

There is 14 of these, 14 hours of video, and you will know how.

Holy Crap. I go to school mate. Wish I had 14 hours and that much data. Might watch a few. If you have watched them could you please link the  most important ones 

Holy Crap. I go to school mate. Wish I had 14 hours and that much data. Might watch a few. If you have watched them could you please link the  most important ones 

There are no corners to cut in learning to build an eCommerce site. The intelligent search alone (find the cheapest price by searching other sites)  is a several hundred man-hour project for an experienced web developer.

You don't need to do a marathon. The first 8 are important, the other is rinse and repeat.

Get familiar with Apache, MySQL and PHP.

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

There are no corners to cut in learning to build an eCommerce site. The intelligent search alone (find the cheapest price by searching other sites)  is a several hundred man-hour project for an experienced web developer.

Well it won't be searching any sites. I thought i explained thoroughly

I will have a database of the prices at hand and will update by myself so I don't require it to search through other websites

all it Needs to do is pick the cheapest out of my database and show the appropriate links and calculate 

All feedback so far is well appreciated 

I will have a database of the prices at hand and will update by myself so I don't require it to search through other websites

all it Needs to do is pick the cheapest out of my database and show the appropriate links and calculate 

I don't quite understand the point of this project if the prices that your searching aren't going to be the current live prices at each website. Could you explain what the goal is with that?

prices that your searching aren't going to be the current live prices -

Was reading through thinking the same thing! One or two of the main players might offer an API to obtain prices?

Was reading through thinking the same thing! One or two of the main players might offer an API to obtain prices?

Possibly but then you'd only be comparing a few results. 

I have contacts with suppliers to provide their products and I'm not going to update every thing manually. so i need a system to know the price which is cheapest 

there are only a few people to partner with in my country

But if you are going to update the database manually why don't you just have a record for each product and update that to be the cheapest one every time?

I will have a database of the prices at hand and will update by myself so I don't require it to search through other websites

I have contacts with suppliers to provide their products and I'm not going to update every thing manually.

Which is it, are you updating the DB manually or not? Either way you are still looking at a lot more than 14 hours of work to build an eCommerce site

I'm going to be dealing with thousands of products.

So you will need a way of pulling prices from their website / importing data into your DB then?

But really.. tell us, are you updating the DB yourself, by hand? Or automated/scripted?

So you would like something similar to PCPartPicker, except for shoes? 

That is a pretty involved project. To fill your database with the prices from other websites, you will need to scrape their data and fill it in your database. Not do it manually, that will take ages.

So you would like something similar to PCPartPicker, except for shoes? 

That is a pretty involved project. To fill your database with the prices from other websites, you will need to scrape their data and fill it in your database. Not do it manually, that will take ages.

Yes Similar to PCPartPicker.

How would I go about doing this and around what would it cost to get someone to do it ?

Yes Similar to PCPartPicker.

How would I go about doing this and around what would it cost to get someone to do it ?

What experience do you have?

At the least you will need a database to store all the data, a script to scrape websites to store prices in your database, front-end website to search the DB.

To pay someone to develop a website like that you would probably be looking at a few thousand $ at the least plus continuous maintenance from then on.