Dare I say it.. Corsair H110i GT, RM850i and corsair link

[i don't know where to put this. the issue is more corsair link (software), with the fix for my H110iGT being prioritised so I figured water cooling]

So I've had my PC for around 2 months now, and during this time I've attempted to use corsair link software with my RM850i and H110iGT.

It worked for maybe one restart and that was it. The problem is plagued all over the internet, where when you start your pc, the program will auto-load and it'll say to restart to add this newly discovered device. this repeats every time.

couple of reasons why i want to do this:

• the colour on the water block to go with my build (and also tell me the temp of the processor
  • to control the fan and motor speed
  • to control my psu
  • and to just generally know everything is OK

Please, if anyone has a fix, I would really love it!

Thanks!

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Also, bonus question:

considerable difference for this water cooler when in push-pull rather than just push?

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Also, bonus question:

considerable difference for this water cooler when in push-pull rather than just push?

not worth the noise/money maybe 1-2c difference at most.

dont use corsair link its utterly crap. connect your fans to your mobo and set your fanspeed manually. use hwmonitor to check your pwm settings/temps

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

A few degrees cooler with push / pull but more noise. Fix for me was using the usb from power supply to motherboard header and connecting the cooler to power supply.

A few degrees cooler with push / pull but more noise. Fix for me was using the usb from power supply to motherboard header and connecting the cooler to power supply.

I don't quite understand.. this either sounds like you've lost control of your water cooler...? pics of pc/corsair link interface would be perfect (as my psu does show up in corsair link, just not the water cooler. therefore it does sound like if what you're saying is what i'm thinking, then that might work.. i just don't know how :o)

Spoiler

I don't quite understand.. this either sounds like you've lost control of your water cooler...? pics of pc/corsair link interface would be perfect (as my psu does show up in corsair link, just not the water cooler. therefore it does sound like if what you're saying is what i'm thinking, then that might work.. i just don't know how :o)

I'm having this issue also with my h100i.

Luckily I already have my colour configured prior to this issue.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I'm having this issue also with my h100i.

Luckily I already have my colour configured prior to this issue.

this upsets me..

massively  :unsure:

I just want mine fixed D:

Spoiler

this upsets me..

I've honestly not looked into as I control My pump through my bios and no need to change LED.

I'd still like to fix it though

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

this upsets me..

set your color, close corsair link, reboot, never open it again ever / uninstall it. it didnt work correctly ever, no matter what corsair AIO youre using. its crappy for more than one reason.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

I've honestly not looked into as I control My pump through my bios and no need to change LED.

I'd still like to fix it though

sounds like a good solution. maybe i should try this 'bodge' fix

Spoiler

set your color, close corsair link, reboot, never open it again ever / uninstall it. it didnt work correctly ever, no matter what corsair AIO youre using. its crappy for more than one reason.

i've tried reinstalling (i'm a IT admin so i've already tried the usual tricks of the trade), and it still wouldn't show the H110i GT

theres one or two more things but i doubt they'll work, but i'll give them a shot I guess

[does the colour and settings remain if you remove the software?]

Spoiler

[does the colour and settings remain if you remove the software?]

yes thats why i said select your color and forget about link, itll reset almost anytime you run it again - that program just doesnt work properly and never did

Fire Strike Score