NCase M1 CPU cooler

the pokemon kid

Hi All,

I am having a bit of trouble finding a cooler which matches what I need. I have currently got an NCase M1 and Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM. I need something that is tall enough to clear the RAM but short enough to fit into a case itself.

The Cooler can be a maximum of 115mm in height! If it is at this thickness, it will be touching the intake fans on the side of the case.

The main issue is that I have got Corsair Dominator Platinums and the CPU cooler would need to clear them.

What options do I have? I dont want anything that will hide the RAM either.

I have currently got a H100i in place but its not really working as its pushing against the RAM way too hard now, I have had a few occasions where I have had RAM issues because of it... I dont massively want a Hydro cooler.

I would say the nh-l9i but i dont think it would cool your cpu that good

Thats the problem I am finding. There is lots of big decent coolers which wont find and lots of small ones which will but arent great thermally

You could try a h75 and then another 120mm fan for intake/exhaust.. that might be your best bet since it's such a small case

You could try a h75 and then another 120mm fan for intake/exhaust.. that might be your best bet since it's such a small case

I already have the H100i, I want to try and stay away from Hydro coolers as I will just end up going down a custom loop for the CPU.

NH-D9L?

As for the Shadow Rock LP, it looks like it keeps within Intel's keep out zone (On the heatpipe side), but I'm really not sure. The pictures I've seen don't show it nearly as clear as I'd like them too.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Ohh so the air cooler is temporary?

No, I just want to stay away from Hydro coolers. A custom loop in this thing will cost about £80~, so I realistically want to spend about £30-40 otherwise I can start to look at the positives of a custom loop

No, I just want to stay away from Hydro coolers. A custom loop in this thing will cost about £80~, so I realistically want to spend about £30-40 otherwise I can start to look at the positives of a custom loop

Ah I got ya! Uhmmmm look at the silverstone argon ar06 I think it is

Ah I got ya! Uhmmmm look at the silverstone argon ar06 I think it is

The Noctua NH-L9x65 a pretty much identical design. I would probably either go for the Noctua or the Cryorig C7.

NH-D9L?

As for the Shadow Rock LP, it looks like it keeps within Intel's keep out zone (On the heatpipe side), but I'm really not sure. The pictures I've seen don't show it nearly as clear as I'd like them too.

That is an option, however the venilation is only coming in from the side and would be hitting the cooler directly on the top. Not sure what that would do to cooling. I prefer the style of the blower design which also gets the motherboard

AHH!! I didn't even think to say the c7..... I'm a cryorig fan boy and yet I didnt think of that... Fanboy no more xD

AHH!! I didn't even think to say the c7..... I'm a cryorig fan boy and yet I didnt think of that... Fanboy no more xD

And you call yourself a fanboy!

Well I just bought the NH-L9x65! Hopefully it will do a good enough job at cooling the machine! Otherwise I am really thinking of making a custom loop with the Alphacool Eisberg!

I watched a video of the Cryorig C7 and it failed a test because it overheated... So the Noctua was the one to go for!

HAHAHA!!!! wow