CompTIA A+

TheKDub

Hello all! I'll be taking the first half of the CompTIA A+ Certification exam tomorrow and am a bit worried that I'll do bad on it or fail it... 

Has anyone here taken it recently? If so, how difficult would you say it is? What were the most important things you needed to know for it?

I might see if I can re-schedule it tomorrow, for sometime around maybe friday, that way I have time to study for it a bit more...

I'm mainly just stumped on things like all the different types of printers, what parts each of em have, regular maintenance, etc... and networking ports... (like HTTP, FTP, SSL, Etc...)

Thanks!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hello all! I'll be taking the first half of the CompTIA A+ Certification exam tomorrow and am a bit worried that I'll do bad on it or fail it... 

Has anyone here taken it recently? If so, how difficult would you say it is? What were the most important things you needed to know for it?

I might see if I can re-schedule it tomorrow, for sometime around maybe friday, that way I have time to study for it a bit more...

I'm mainly just stumped on things like all the different types of printers, what parts each of em have, regular maintenance, etc... and networking ports... (like HTTP, FTP, SSL, Etc...)

Thanks!

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I only took the Client Pro cert and almost got a perfect score.

I don't think I'm going to get anything else personally until Microsoft gets their certs together so I can get them, because they keep changing shit and it's confusing.

Thanks!

From what I can see, Comptia certs aren't very hard at all.  It's mostly just general knowledge but a little deeper into the technology. You should do fine if you have any tech experience or at least bothered to find out what certain things are in your spare time :)

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

From what I can see, Comptia certs aren't very hard at all.  It's mostly just general knowledge but a little deeper into the technology. You should do fine if you have any tech experience or at least bothered to find out what certain things are in your spare time :)

Alright, I've taken a handful of practice exams for it and they didn't end all that amazing, though I'm sure the actual test won't be quite as brutal as the practices.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Alright, I've taken a handful of practice exams for it and they didn't end all that amazing, though I'm sure the actual test won't be quite as brutal as the practices.

You're doing this through Testout right?

From when I used Testout, the practice stuff was always harder than the actual exams.

You're doing this through Testout right?

From when I used Testout, the practice stuff was always harder than the actual exams.

No, this is the legit CompTIA A+ exam.

I've already got the Testout PC Pro cert, as well as network pro and security pro.