980 sli issues

ive had one gtx 980 for almost a year and this week ive added a second one into sli and im having quite bad performance,

in fallout 4 im averaging 30fps with quite violent spikes up to 60 then straight back down that makes it very unplayable 

in arma 3 im averaging 20 fps and only rarely goes over 40fps

in both these games i had 50/60fps before the second card was installed

my running 1920x1080 at 60hz (the second card was bought because i was about to buy a new monitor and move up to 4k)

id just like help fixing this lack of performance before ive had the card to long otherwise i cant take it back since im think about doing that and selling the other card and useing that money to get a 980ti

OS- windows 10 x64

cpu- 4790k 4.0ghz

ram- 16gb ddr3

GPU- gigabyte g1 gameing geforce GTX 980 x2

motherboard- Z97X gaming 3

power supply- thermaltake 1000w gold

Are drivers updated?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Have you taken the card back out to see if the problem fixes itself with one GPU in? This would be what I'd do, after making sure drivers are updated of course.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

bro i have a gtx 970 and i run fallout 4 at 65 to 70 fps 1080p

you have a gtx 980 you should be able to run it at 80 fps atleast

someone has already walked me through useing DDU and downgrading my drivers to 347.88 and the performance is still the same 

i havent taken the card back i only got it 2 days ago and i want to make sure its not a problem with how i have it set up or something else on my end and the person that had me do the DDU thing said my 3D mark scores were good and that the card and sli was working (after doing the DDU thing it went from the score off 18223 to 17771) im not sure if thats common or if the old driver just dosent perform as good  

Check the cards with GPU-Z and post the screen shots. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Everything looks good from there, are you running the latest bios for your mobo?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Is V sync turned off? Try the sli bridge on the other set of fingers too. 

v sync is turned on but without it id have frame splitting wouldnt i ? and okay ill move it to the other fingers

Is V sync turned off? Try the sli bridge on the other set of fingers too. 

v sync is turned on but without it id have frame splitting wouldnt i ? and okay ill move it to the other fingers

Also Fallout 4 is one of those games that breaks when you disable v sync cuz it was made for 60 fps or lower.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

i changed the sli bridge position and im getting a little better fps in fallout 4 but i couldn't find a single v sync setting in falllouts settings so i couldnt turn it off 

i tried to play arma but the screen stutters like crazy like it gose black then picture the black then picture but dose it so fast its like a strobe light so its either corrupted game files or the card isnt playing it properly now