picking an ultra wide monitor

skullrebell

So ive been debating getting a new monitor fititng of my sli 970's soon to be sli 980ti's and an ultra wide  1440p monitor seems like it will be a good option. I love the predator x34 monitor but everywhere i buy electronics from is out fo stock or dosent carry it what are some other good ultra wide 1440p monitors you would recommend for gaming?

Its a Championship not a Belt!

So ive been debating getting a new monitor fititng of my sli 970's soon to be sli 980ti's and an ultra wide 1440p monitor seems like it will be a good option. I love the predator x34 monitor but everywhere i buy electronics from is out fo stock or dosent carry it what are some other good ultra wide 1440p monitors you would recommend for gaming?

Do you care to have g-sync and higher refresh rates or are you ok with a normal 60hz ips panel?

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

Do you care to have g-sync and higher refresh rates or are you ok with a normal 60hz ips panel?

i dont care about g sync and in terms of refresh rate 60 or higher is fine not a deal breaker if higher but must atleast be 60

i dont care about g sync and in terms of refresh rate 60 or higher is fine not a deal breaker if higher but must atleast be 60

Then the Dell U3415W would be a great choice and almost half the price of the x34. I myself will be picking the Dell up in a few months.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00PXYRMPE

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

Then the Dell U3415W would be a great choice and almost half the price of the x34. I myself will be picking the Dell up in a few months.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00PXYRMPE

somehow i just dont feel like this dell is a good ultrawide gaming monitor.

somehow i just dont feel like this dell is a good ultrawide gaming monitor.

What type of games do you play?

the BenQ XR3501 is a good choice i know people who have them and they told me it was great, it doesn't have anything like g-sync but it is 144Hz the only thing holding me back from getting it is the price

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

What type of games do you play?

cs go world of Warcraft rocket league swtor skryrim fallout nv and 4 gta:v

the BenQ XR3501 is a good choice i know people who have them and they told me it was great, it doesn't have anything like g-sync but it is 144Hz the only thing holding me back from getting it is the price

thats 1080p not 1440p

thats 1080p not 1440p

whoops didn't notice that, sorry :P

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

thats 1080p not 1440p

The Dell will be great for games like those other than cs go but unlesd you compete it will be just fine.

I play competitive frequently on my current 1080p 60fps monitors

I play competitive frequently on my current 1080p 60fps monitors

Are you fine with how it is now?

I am but I want better its not bad but I just want the best experience

I am but I want better its not bad but I just want the best experience

Then if you ultrawide then the acer x34 or the asus ultrawide coming out this year thats your 2 choices.

So ive been debating getting a new monitor fititng of my sli 970's soon to be sli 980ti's and an ultra wide  1440p monitor seems like it will be a good option. I love the predator x34 monitor but everywhere i buy electronics from is out fo stock or dosent carry it what are some other good ultra wide 1440p monitors you would recommend for gaming?

I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q, do not buy the ACER Predator X34, due to all the issues. Once the ASUS PG348Q comes out, then decide what you want to do

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q, do not buy the ACER Predator X34, due to all the issues. Once the ASUS PG348Q comes out, then decide what you want to do

what issues ive heard nothing of any issues with it.

Afaik you can't even buy the x34 right now and it was "recalled" months ago. I can't find any current info other that it's "under review" on amazon and still advertised on Acer's site. Apparently it's a great display with terrible QC issues.

I too am in the struggle of picking a new display. Gonna make my own post actually.

Let me start

Coil whine

Not reaching 100hz

Scan line issues (where you see lines on the screen at low FPS)

Settings being reset

It has had two recalls

Issues now fixed

Wake up issue

Colour banding

I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q, it should be better, as ACER QC is awful

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]