Wi-Fi Problems

My problem is that my computer is about 7-8 meters away from my computer and there is a wall between them too. I changed the router and the new one has lower signal range but that isnt the problem. The problem is that since i upgraded my computer to windows 10 i was needed to change my adaptor

(tlr8187_wireless) since there weren't any drivers for this version of windows and i couldn't get any signal at all i bought a usb adaptor that supports windows 10 and the speed now is even lower. When i had the computer connected with cable i had speed about 4.3 Mbytes per second. With my old router connected to my pc where is is now i had about 85% of that. With new router at windows 7 i have about 0.5-0.6 Mbytes with picks of 1 Mbytes or 1.5 Mbytes in some cases. But with windows 10 and the new usb adaptor i have about 0.3 Mbytes per second. What should i do? Changing the router is out of the quetion right now. One last thing. My phone with Speedtest app gets around 3.2 Mbytes per second in the same room. i though of making my phone a Wi-Fi hotspot connected from the router and sending to my pc but i meat a lot of technical problems and i couldnt get throuth it. I am sorry about my bad english and i hope you could understand what i want to say and maybe help me out.

My problem is that my computer is about 7-8 meters away from my computer and there is a wall between them too. I changed the router and the new one has lower signal range but that isnt the problem. The problem is that since i upgraded my computer to windows 10 i was needed to change my adaptor

(tlr8187_wireless) since there weren't any drivers for this version of windows and i couldn't get any signal at all i bought a usb adaptor that supports windows 10 and the speed now is even lower. When i had the computer connected with cable i had speed about 4.3 Mbytes per second. With my old router connected to my pc where is is now i had about 85% of that. With new router at windows 7 i have about 0.5-0.6 Mbytes with picks of 1 Mbytes or 1.5 Mbytes in some cases. But with windows 10 and the new usb adaptor i have about 0.3 Mbytes per second. What should i do? Changing the router is out of the quetion right now. One last thing. My phone with Speedtest app gets around 3.2 Mbytes per second in the same room. i though of making my phone a Wi-Fi hotspot connected from the router and sending to my pc but i meat a lot of technical problems and i couldnt get throuth it. I am sorry about my bad english and i hope you could understand what i want to say and maybe help me out.

From my experience Wi-Fi through walls always results in a drop in speeds, I would try routing a cord or moving your router.

Lord of Helium.

Thanks for your reply but this isnt really the answer i am looking for.

So... whats current adapters model? Thats clearly one with issue if other devices in network are working. My limited knowledge says that drivers don't have affect on speeds. They either work or not.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ok. The PCI adapter is RTL8187_Wireless and the USB one is RTL_8189S WLAN. They both have around the same speed.

So... whats current adapters model? Thats clearly one with issue if other devices in network are working. My limited knowledge says that drivers don't have affect on speeds. They either work or not.

Ok. The PCI adapter is RTL8187_Wireless and the USB one is RTL_8189S WLAN. They both have around the same speed.

You can try to google for drivers. But since they are Realtek, Windows should find drivers automaticly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Its not a driver problem tho

You can try to google for drivers. But since they are Realtek, Windows should find drivers automaticly.