Logitech G710+ Review

This is a modified version of my script for my video review of the Logitech G 710+, hope this is informational. Feedback is welcomed. Do note I did not include images at this time but will be doing so going forward with my reviews.

My old keyboard was ready to bite the dust, does the Logitech G710+ fit the bill as my new daily keyboard?!

This is my first mechanical keyboard, it is a nice thing to be able to type faster and less pressure needed for each keystroke. For reference I have Cherry MX brown switches.I wanted mx blue switches but figured that sound would be annoying but enough with the tangent.The key caps are very smooth and slick that I feel my fingers often will slip a bit when I am typing fast. This has caused me to look into replacing the keycaps in the near future. On the subject of keycaps the WASD and arrow keys are grey keys with the up arrow key being on a weird slope that makes it uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time.

Onto the white backlighting that comes in 4 levels and off. This is a nice feature considering how the keycaps are and that it is hard to read them when the lighting is off. For this reason I keep the brightness at the second brightest level. The programmable G keys are a nice feature to have even though I can not use them while gaming due to being a left handed user. I do get to use them while I am editing videos like this one. It makes doing certain things quicker even though I have to remove my hand from my mouse. There are 3 profiles for the G keys that can be switched by hitting the M buttons. It also comes with a gaming windows lock button which is nice even when you are nice gaming as I find I have been hitting the windows key a bit while getting used to the keyboard.

This keyboard does take some getting used to as I think the key spacing on the G710+ is different than on my old membrane keyboard from 10 years ago. Plugging in the keyboard is something you should take note of as there are two usbs that have to be plugged in if you are using usb 2 and only the one with the keyboard on it if you are using usb 3. The 710+ has 5 media keys and a premium volume wheel that scrolls really smooth and nice. The texture is a definite plus as it makes it feel much better than the rest of the keyboard I wish they made the rest of the keys feel that nice. Logitech's software is decent compared to other competitors software that I have used while setting client’s keyboards up for them in the past.

Great review!

I have a Logitech G710+, but with MX blues. Most of your points were the same as mine.

I'd say it's a better value keyboard than a K70, but the K70 is more "cleaner".

Great review!

I have a Logitech G710+, but with MX blues. Most of your points were the same as mine.

I'd say it's a better value keyboard than a K70, but the K70 is more "cleaner".

I'd love to have the Gkeys, but I'll probably still get the K70, mostly because it's way easier to clean

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

I'd love to have the Gkeys, but I'll probably still get the K70, mostly because it's way easier to clean

There's no bracket around it the keys, i wish Corsair made a "K80" with the things from the K70 and fewer macro keys than the K95.

But i got my G710+(MX Blue) for 40 dollars so i'm not really complaining.

There's no bracket around it the keys, i wish Corsair made a "K80" with the things from the K70 and fewer macro keys than the K95.

But i got my G710+(MX Blue) for 40 dollars so i'm not really complaining.

G710+ is definitely the greater keyboard to go for, if you want it cheaper, which to be honest, I may have to resort to. But my eyes are still set on the the K70 for the nice aluminium.

Not to mention the software has that  lighting effect, where you press a key and it lights up, or makes a shockwave effect

G710+ is definitely the greater keyboard to go for, if you want it cheaper, which to be honest, I may have to resort to. But my eyes are still set on the the K70 for the nice aluminium.

Not to mention the software has that  lighting effect, where you press a key and it lights up, or makes a shockwave effect

Then how about a K70 gunmetal?

Too bad Corsair doesn't make the gunmetal anymore.

k70_top_gm_us_1.png

Then how about a K70 gunmetal?

Too bad Corsair doesn't make the gunmetal anymore.

k70_top_gm_us_1.png

Never even heard of gunmetal

Nice review. iirc, the LEDs go a bit shit on the G710 after a while

received my g710+ the other day. i agree that the layout takes some getting used to. i have to look down on the keyboard sometimes to make sure i was typing in the proper position. never had this with my old membrane keyboard. though shifting it to the left a bit seemed to help. 

plus it's really nice that you can replace the keycaps easily. thinking of replacing a couple of them. btw i have cherry mx browns. 

rip dark theme

however it's a good review ^_^

I personally have the G910, love it just as well

Shipping sucks

Sounds good. I'm buying this one.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Sounds good. I'm buying this one.

Have a look around at others. I would not buy this one unless you can get it 30% off it is just not that great and there are much better options out there if you pay just a bit more.

Have a look around at others. I would not buy this one unless you can get it 30% off it is just not that great and there are much better options out there if you pay just a bit more.

And what are those options? There doesn't seem to be many keyboards worth the money that have Cherry MX brown switches.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

And what are those options?

Corsair K70 Imo.

no Gkeys, but much more well built

Corsair K70 Imo.

no Gkeys, but much more well built

Alright. I don't use any macros whatsoever so bring on the K70!

Alright. I don't use any macros whatsoever so bring on the K70!

It's got a nice aluminium build, keys are a bit raised, which I liked, because you can just blow any dirt out of it basically, sadly there's no RGB blues, but that isn't a problem for me.

It's got a nice aluminium build, keys are a bit raised, which I liked, because you can just blow any dirt out of it basically, sadly there's no RGB blues, but that isn't a problem for me.

As long as I can get a white backlight it's all good.

I think unless you get RGB, the light will depend on the switches you get. examples, MX blues will be blue lights.

unless there's an option for changing it to a white light, I've just tested out my friend's k70, for typing

I think unless you get RGB, the light will depend on the switches you get. examples, MX blues will be blue lights.

unless there's an option for changing it to a white light, I've just tested out my friend's k70, for typing

I guess I'll be going for the RGB version then.

You can get white back light. 

And what are those options? There doesn't seem to be many keyboards worth the money that have Cherry MX brown switches.

The K70 is the one I would have gotten had I had to pay full price.

I guess I'll be going for the RGB version then.

As long as you choose any key except blues, you should be fine getting rgb.

The K70 is the one I would have gotten had I had to pay full price.

If I end up needing a keyboard sooner than I thought, I'm gonna just either look for some deals on ebay, or get the logitech keyboard

If I end up needing a keyboard sooner than I thought, I'm gonna just either look for some deals on ebay, or get the logitech keyboard

The G 710+ is a great keyboard and if you don't mind the 'regular' feel and look it is your best option but I like the premium feel and personally would pay more for it. I didn't in this case because of the great deal I got on it. 

The G 710+ is a great keyboard and if you don't mind the 'regular' feel and look it is your best option but I like the premium feel and personally would pay more for it. I didn't in this case because of the great deal I got on it. 

I'll most likely be on ebay trying to find good deals for both of them, see what I could get quicker. Since amazon is still somewhat expensive for both.