Review; Pioneer SE-CL721 In-ears

Hello and welcome to my review of the Pioneer SE-CL721 in-ear headphones.

Quite a while ago I bought a pair of these headphones for daily use; bicycle, sports, ect.. and I thought by myself; why not make a review? So here u have it folks.

(excuse my English)

Packaging and first impressions

284593.jpg

The in-ears come in 3 different color combinations; red-white, red-black and red-green. (I own the black one)

Having the package in my hands it was looking very tight. I was hoping the wires were okay inside there.

After quite some time of picking and using the jig saw I managed to open the (damn) package. The package comes with 4 different rubber sizes for your ears, and a manual.

Display

Knowing myself, I'm not really a huge audio freak like some of u out there, but the sound that comes out of these things is quite impressive for their price. (Of course you will need a good audio output as well.)

There is a clear balance between high and low and manages to give u a full listening experience. It manages to work absolutely fine with drum and bass all the way to classical music. (Rock in my case)

Turning the volume up a bit makes the listening experience even better, making the balance even stronger between high and low.

Shape

Fits great in the ear, no annoyances so far. Of course you can improve it by adjusting the rubber size as well if needed.

A little downside tho, is the weight of these ears. This is very personal, as I have different ears than other people. I notice it when jogging or moving your head around, this makes them slip a little out of my ears.

You can definitely feel them when you are wearing them.

Having this issue I swapped the rubber tips with my old Sennheiser CX 250, which really improved the listening experience for me.

The top end of the ears are quite small, which allows u to put on any type of rubber tip on it.

The length from bifurcation to in-ear is quite long by itself, and can be adjusted by a slider. Normally left and right side are equal with wire length.

Having a closer look at it I can tell that these in-ears are very well-made and strong. The rubber wiring is quite thick and doesn't tangle very easily, which is quite handy when storing it somewhere.

DSC-0019.png

(Sorry for the crappy self-made photo)

experience

This headphone that I own is nearly 3 years old, and I can report that it is still working fantastic. It went trough rain, water and fell down once or twice. (It even went for a ride in the washer)

Usually you will have to put these headphones on for almost 2 days to play them in good shape. It didn't take too long with these headphones to "change" their sound, it was pretty much plug and play.

Untitled-3.png

Conclusion

Excellent headphones for their price, I totally recommend this one for people with a specific budget.

Used with

• Realtek HD Audio
  • Sandisk Sansa Clip+ 4GB Zwart
  • Asrock 870 Extreme3
  • Sony Xperia U Zwart

Pro's and con's

+ Balance high and low

+ Build quality

+ Shape

+ Price

- Weight (personal)

- Color combination (personal)

- Not many accessories

Scoreboard

Overall: 5/5

Easy of use: 3/5

Audio quality: 5/5

Build quality: 4/5

Price: 5/5

Lovely work, appreciate the effort you put into the review.  ^_^

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

is it bass-heavy?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Lovely work, appreciate the effort you put into the review.  ^_^

Thanks, and you're welcome  :P

is it bass-heavy?

What do u consider "heavy" ?

Thanks, and you're welcome  :P

What do u consider "heavy" ?

is it more like beats or sennheiser? is it a balanced sound or very much bass?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

That could depend on your audio output as well, but I think that it's more like Sennheiser, it has great balance.