Need help with Chrome/Firefox - Google calculator function (among other Google functions) don't work

VG Docs
Go to solution Solved by VG Docs,

Major update: Fixed. I don't want this to be necro'd or anything, but I would like anyone who searches this to notice this fix.

Easy way to get to this:

Click on the internet bars in the lower right corner, > Open network and sharing center > Internet Options (Lower left corner) > Connections tab > LAN Settings > uncheck the bottom two boxes under "Proxy server"

I don't actually know why mine were checked in the first place, but w/e

Here's what happens when I try to google a calculation. Keep in mind that it brings up the calculator when I google on my PS4, but not on this PC. 

It doesn't bring up the calculator on Chrome nor Firefox which baffles me. How could something like this be a PC issue instead of a browser one? I can understand Chrome due to the large amount of addons and such that I have, but Firefox is bare and new.

When I try to click "Search Tools" or "More" with the dropdown menu in Google, it only refreshes the page for some reason, not applying any filter at all. Again, this applies to both Firefox and Chrome.

On the calculation issue I looked up a "fix" that told me to enable Javascript, which as far as I'm aware, I did.

(Google specific) Here's the search result any time I search an image in Google. It doesn't matter what image, it does this consistently. I have no clue what it means either.

I have no idea what's going on. Keep in mind this has happened for a while and this computer (otherwise) hasn't had any issues on the desktop or in the browsers. Just google stuff for some reason.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Here's what happens when I try to google a calculation. Keep in mind that it brings up the calculator when I google on my PS4, but not on this PC. 

It doesn't bring up the calculator on Chrome nor Firefox which baffles me. How could something like this be a PC issue instead of a browser one? I can understand Chrome due to the large amount of addons and such that I have, but Firefox is bare and new.

When I try to click "Search Tools" or "More" with the dropdown menu in Google, it only refreshes the page for some reason, not applying any filter at all. Again, this applies to both Firefox and Chrome.

On the calculation issue I looked up a "fix" that told me to enable Javascript, which as far as I'm aware, I did.

(Google specific) Here's the search result any time I search an image in Google. It doesn't matter what image, it does this consistently. I have no clue what it means either.

I have no idea what's going on. Keep in mind this has happened for a while and this computer (otherwise) hasn't had any issues on the desktop or in the browsers. Just google stuff for some reason.

do you know what chrome is?

what is your OS

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

do you know what chrome is?

what is your OS

What do you mean do I know what Chrome is?

Windows 7 x64

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

What do you mean do I know what Chrome is?

Windows 7 x64

step 1.

reinstall google chrome

step 2. its fixed

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

nonononoNONONO

WAIT

DONT DO IT

CREATE A NEW PERSON IN CHROME AND TRY TO SEARCH 2+2

nonononoNONONO

WAIT

DONT DO IT

CREATE A NEW PERSON IN CHROME AND TRY TO SEARCH 2+2

How do I create a new user to log into chrome? 

How do I create a new user to log into chrome? 

wat

740d32debaf92e6c1f2b53002a93e501.png

4626fdfb5aec2b7de255401eb7da7e44.png

wat

740d32debaf92e6c1f2b53002a93e501.png

4626fdfb5aec2b7de255401eb7da7e44.png

It's actually different on Windows, but anyway I tried it with two different users. Still no luck.

• 1 month later...

Major update: Fixed. I don't want this to be necro'd or anything, but I would like anyone who searches this to notice this fix.

Easy way to get to this:

Click on the internet bars in the lower right corner, > Open network and sharing center > Internet Options (Lower left corner) > Connections tab > LAN Settings > uncheck the bottom two boxes under "Proxy server"

I don't actually know why mine were checked in the first place, but w/e