[Java] Swing

Stardar1

So I am beginning to create a framework I can use to build 2-dimensional video games, however I have no experience using Swing.

General questions:

The coordinate system Swing uses, is the origin in the top left? what are the increments?

For the purposes of a 2-dimensional video game, is there a point in multiple Panels?

Any tips for Swing programming?

Any and all help appreciated. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Multiple panels could be beneficial for example a mini map, stats bar that are updated less frequently or differently from the main game screen. At least from what I gather a panel is :P

The origin is at the top-left corner.

The origin's in the top left as prolemur's mentioned. The increments are in multiples of 1, each being a pixel wide.

Do you need to use Swing here? Only I was following a YouTube channel by "TheChernoProject" building a 2D game (and engine) from scratch using Java & could recommend this. It's a reasonably easy start into both games programming and with Java where he runs through the steps of outputting and refreshing all the screen pixels individually and largely ignoring/bypassing the overhead of swing controls which you might find of interest/use too...

The origin's in the top left as prolemur's mentioned. The increments are in multiples of 1, each being a pixel wide.

Do you need to use Swing here? Only I was following a YouTube channel by "TheChernoProject" building a 2D game (and engine) from scratch using Java & could recommend this. It's a reasonably easy start into both games programming and with Java where he runs through the steps of outputting and refreshing all the screen pixels individually and largely ignoring/bypassing the overhead of swing controls which you might find of interest/use too...

I have done something similar to that in C using 3D vectors, and understand the logic. A link would be great. 

I was told by my AP Comp Sci instructor that Swing was the best thing to use (this is a side project of mine), though I did not find it very intuitive. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire.