CPU Fan Speed Control Problem

remzy

I can't control my CPU fan. I've tried bios settings but they seem to have no effect on the fan speed. Tried speedfan, but, no luck. It does control for example my GPU fan speed with no problems. My motherboard is asus p5g41t-m lx. Yes, the CPU fan has a 4 pin connector and it corrensponds with one on the motherboard labeled CPU_FAN. I have the same problem with my chassis fan, actually it's worse because it runs on full rpm all the time. It also cannot be controlled with speedfan. Chassis fan has 4 pins, but its connected to mb with 3 pins, and the mb connector is named CHA_FAN. I'm worried it could be the motherboard itself. I recently flashed my BIOS in hope that it would solve this problem, but no luck. If nothing works ill make a small fan hub in front of the case with a couple of pots.

Thats really old mobo. And I mean that it has limited fan controls to begin with. Chassis fans would be straight no-no. CPU fan is another thing. It has Asus Q-Fan function. That would be one way to automate and control fan when enabled. When disabled, Speedfan should work.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv