Suggestion for suitable CPU

I have heard of excellent help from community members in LinusTechTips.com and so here I am. I am planning to build a new rig in the future, when I will be doing some serious 4K gaming as well as some Game Development. I would like you people to give me some suggestions for a good CPU satisfying the below 'terms and conditions', and thanks a ton.

Terms and Conditions :

• Intel Skylake Chip 'preferred'.
  • Quad-core or possibly more.
  • Budget : within $300

Nothing to see here ;)

a 5960X? whats your budget? or a 2690 V3 Xeon

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I have heard of excellent help from community members in LinusTechTips.com and so here I am. I am planning to build a new rig in the future, when I will be doing some serious 4K gaming as well as some Game Development. I would like you people to give me some suggestions, the only condition being that the CPU must be from Intel. Thanks a ton.

i would just get another 980ti and upgrade your psu. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

If you're on abit of a budget then a Core i5-4690K or 6600K could be worth a look

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I mean. if no budget is specified, a 5960x

I am so sorry - forgot to mention my budget.

If you're on abit of a budget then a Core i5-4690K or 6600K could be worth a look

Now that can be possible. Thanks!

Nothing to see here ;)