Need a new mouse.

So here's the deal: I'm currently using a Logitech g402 and I hate it. I like the buttons but the mouse is just too short and narrow for me to grip comfortably. I have rather large hands and I like to palm grip. I don't much care for the "gaming" features as much as having an optical sensor and comfort. I'm also partial to lightweight mice. So what would be a good recommendation? 

Update: So I've narrowed my search to 2 Mouses. I'm looking at the Zowie EC1-A and the ZA11. Wondering which would be more comfortable so if you've used one or both please let me know because no one sells them in store where I live.

So here's the deal: I'm currently using a Logitech g402 and I hate it. I like the buttons but the mouse is just too short and narrow for me to grip comfortably. I have rather large hands and I like to palm grip. I don't much care for the "gaming" features as much as having an optical sensor and comfort. I'm also partial to lightweight mice. So what would be a good recommendation? 

its expensive, but if you want a longer mouse that still feels nice the razer ouroboros is excellent.  ive been using it for years and its very customizable and feels excellent

Just about to create this thread then saw this, I also am looking for a simple fairly cheap wired mouse that is comfortable to palm grip and has a front and back button on the left side.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Well, the Func MS3 has a laser sensor, so that shouldn't even be on your list then. The MS2 is a smaller version of that so it being on the list doesn't really make sense. Also, Func was bought by Fnatic, so you're not going to find their peripherals around for much longer.

That being said, I have been in your exact situation. I owned a DeathAdder back in the day, it died on me and I used a Zowie EC1 Evo for a long time. I wanted something a bit larger, so I looked into Func MS3, Mionix Naos 7000 and Qpad 5K. In the end, I opted for the Naos 7000 because of its sensor and because the Qpad lacked customization and the Func had notorious firmware issues prior to the R^2 revision.

Just one question: If teh G402 really is so uncomfortable, why did you buy it? Was it a gift? Or did you buy it online based on recommendations?

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Well, the Func MS3 has a laser sensor, so that shouldn't even be on your list then. The MS2 is a smaller version of that so it being on the list doesn't really make sense. Also, Func was bought by Fnatic, so you're not going to find their peripherals around for much longer.

That being said, I have been in your exact situation. I owned a DeathAdder back in the day, it died on me and I used a Zowie EC1 Evo for a long time. I wanted something a bit larger, so I looked into Func MS3, Mionix Naos 7000 and Qpad 5K. In the end, I opted for the Naos 7000 because of its sensor and because the Qpad lacked customization and the Func had notorious firmware issues prior to the R^2 revision.

Just one question: If teh G402 really is so uncomfortable, why did you buy it? Was it a gift? Or did you buy it online based on recommendations?

I wasn't actually aware that those func mice ad laser sensors. Must not have been paying attention. And yeah I bought it online based off of the good reviews and I found it for a good deal. There isn't anywhere in Vegas that has mice on display where you can test the feel. 

If you believe the G402 is too short and narrow. You should cross of the Deathadder from the list of mice you want to buy.

Preferably

You should get a Steelseries Rival 300 or a EC1-A.

• 2 weeks later...

If you believe the G402 is too short and narrow. You should cross of the Deathadder from the list of mice you want to buy.

Preferably

You should get a Steelseries Rival 300 or a EC1-A.

I got a rival 300 and I felt it was too narrow. I returned it like the next day. I just got the Naos 7000 in the mail and I'm not really liking that either. I might just try the deathadder and return it if I don't like it... Not sure at this point.

The deathadder looks too low for a comfy palm grip

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

zowie

one that would fit but FK or EC are both great

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Didn't like the deathadder. The most comfortable mouse I've ever used is the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 and the closest thing I can find to that is the Zowie EC1-A. Anyone used it? I've read the scroll wheel sucks...

If you don't much like gaming features the Corsair Sabre is very nice, if you don't like anything other than the standard mouse form the Katar is a nice plain mouse. If you prefer skinnier mice (not very comfortable for large hands imo) maybe a steel series or Zowie would be more your speed.

I got a rival 300 and I felt it was too narrow. I returned it like the next day. I just got the Naos 7000 in the mail and I'm not really liking that either. I might just try the deathadder and return it if I don't like it... Not sure at this point.

Don't listen to everyone who hates on razer deathadder, I have been using it for 1.5 years and it is amazing, the only thing you should buy from razer is their mice by far.

The deathadder is useful if you want grip, I can hold the mouse with just my pinkie and thumb with the rubber gripping, and picking the mouse up and putting it down is very well done.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

If you don't much like gaming features the Corsair Sabre is very nice, if you don't like anything other than the standard mouse form the Katar is a nice plain mouse. If you prefer skinnier mice (not very comfortable for large hands imo) maybe a steel series or Zowie would be more your speed.

I was thinking about the Sabre but it seems a bit short in terms of length.

Don't listen to everyone who hates on razer deathadder, I have been using it for 1.5 years and it is amazing, the only thing you should buy from razer is their mice by far.

The deathadder is useful if you want grip, I can hold the mouse with just my pinkie and thumb with the rubber gripping, and picking the mouse up and putting it down is very well done.

I tried the DA chroma and didn't like how sensitive the buttons were and how they are curved. I tend to rest my 3rd finger on the right click.

I was thinking about the Sabre but it seems a bit short in terms of length.

Haven't used it myself. I'm a Scimitar guy as I play mmorpgs.

I have had the normal Deathadder since like 2012 and I have to say its been a great mouse. I have a feeling Ill be using it for a long time. Rock solid and great build quality. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.