motherboard modding

im looking at getting a motherboard that is (dreadful voice) red. and im looking to paint it and am having some questions.

1. what would be the best way to paint it 
  2. are the red peices easy to take off 
  3. will heatsinks work just as good if they are painted 

yes i have seen linus's motherboard painting video so i do not need a link to it 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130760 (motherboard that im getting)

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Get some automotive paint that conducts heat but not electricity.

You should be able to remove the heatsinks and such, though it might take a bit of effort.

And no, they will be less effective at cooling than before you paint them. The amount that it decreases is greatly affected by the paint used.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

-SNIP-

That wouldn't the too hard to modify since it's just heatsinks, you can take them off and spray paint them any color really without really that much of an affect on cooling. I have a guide here on this under Motherboard and RAM painting:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

It looks like the red heatsinks on the top are riveted in, you would have to drill out the rivets to take them off

nvm, there are screws. in that case painting them would be fine; it doesn't affect the performance that much

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo